Grommet from bonnet to interior...

HenryS7377

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have a a3 1996-2003 and i want to fit LEDs in my footwells tommorow. i know how to fit them all and do the wiring, just i have no idea where i can locate the grommet from under the bonnet to the interior as this is where i would like to run the wires for the power supply. any help will be great, pictures will be awesome too.

Thanks in advance. :drool:

thanks for the mate, is there anyway i would be able to remove the wipers without the spindle tool? also, where abouts in the inside of the car do the ports come out, im guessing people use these ports for power cable for speakers etc too..

cheers

You can remove it without the tool, its just harder due the wiper being at an angle and the wiper being under slight tension if you know what I mean.

They are easy to get too because as you said people use them for running power cables to amps etc. You just need to get down in the arches and have a root around, I think they are behind carpet or sound deadening etc.

Dan

Im sure theres one without having to take the scuttle off, its where i ran my boost gauge pipe and comes out behind the glove box. I can't remember exactly where as it's been a couple of years since i fitted my gauge, but Im sure you can get your hand behind the glove box and get to it (depending on the size of your arm/hand).