AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Help please few pros

Hi guys

Picked up the car today at a very good price but had a few niggles that need dealing with some I noticed and beat him up on the price with and a couple that have just come to light.

There seems to be a bit of rev overrun on wot when changing gear seems fine at normal driving though.

Drivers door makes a funny hollow knock when closing like something is a bit loose inside.

Both electric seats seem to not have the heating working nor the up and down adjustment of he seat.

The computer screen seems to have suffered from the missing pixels prob too.

Indicators don't seem to be working but have ordered new hazard switch after reading on here.

But it does seem quick and a strong engine which is what I wanted and brought it as a project

Any ideas on hopefully easy fixes on the above??
    Last edited by 44ark; 3rd June 2012 at 11:03.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Clutch pedal sensor tps sell for £16 , need one for mine very common problem.
    Dry lube your door hinges with White grease worked for me.
    Pixels all 99 - 2003 BMW and audis used same ****ty manufacturer for pixel screens renowned for going! My dads old m5 did it and my old a3 had lost some.
    You've solved indicators so.........

And look at me another newbie helpin solve problems! Hope this helps mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers mate will get one ordered also any idea on the seats and will lube the doors

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    My driver side door the impact protection beam was a bit loose inside and rattled a bit so took the door card off and tightened it up been all good since
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Status
    as for the seats check all the connectors under the seat are ok and the same for the adjustment switches
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys

Status
    Dont forget to check fuses too as i think the heated seats have their own fuse

1st Gear

Status
    It may sound a bit tight but my Golf had the indecators staying on all the time and not winking so i pulled the Hazzard switch out opened it up and gave it a good clean with switch cleaner and cleaned contacts that was a year ago and is still fine i know a new one is only £16 but could be a small saving to be made there nothing to loose trying

4th Gear

Status
    Aldo run a vagcom on the car mate and make sure everything is ok engine wise and to make sure ur don't have any other gremlins pop up and dont forget pics of the car lol
    p

THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!