Help please few pros

44ark

Reaction score
Hi guys

Picked up the car today at a very good price but had a few niggles that need dealing with some I noticed and beat him up on the price with and a couple that have just come to light.

There seems to be a bit of rev overrun on wot when changing gear seems fine at normal driving though.

Drivers door makes a funny hollow knock when closing like something is a bit loose inside.

Both electric seats seem to not have the heating working nor the up and down adjustment of he seat.

The computer screen seems to have suffered from the missing pixels prob too.

Indicators don't seem to be working but have ordered new hazard switch after reading on here.

But it does seem quick and a strong engine which is what I wanted and brought it as a project

Any ideas on hopefully easy fixes on the above??

Last edited:
Clutch pedal sensor tps sell for £16 , need one for mine very common problem.
Dry lube your door hinges with White grease worked for me.
Pixels all 99 - 2003 BMW and audis used same ****ty manufacturer for pixel screens renowned for going! My dads old m5 did it and my old a3 had lost some.
You've solved indicators so.........

And look at me another newbie helpin solve problems! Hope this helps mate

Cheers mate will get one ordered also any idea on the seats and will lube the doors

My driver side door the impact protection beam was a bit loose inside and rattled a bit so took the door card off and tightened it up been all good since

as for the seats check all the connectors under the seat are ok and the same for the adjustment switches

Dont forget to check fuses too as i think the heated seats have their own fuse

It may sound a bit tight but my Golf had the indecators staying on all the time and not winking so i pulled the Hazzard switch out opened it up and gave it a good clean with switch cleaner and cleaned contacts that was a year ago and is still fine i know a new one is only £16 but could be a small saving to be made there nothing to loose trying

Aldo run a vagcom on the car mate and make sure everything is ok engine wise and to make sure ur don't have any other gremlins pop up and dont forget pics of the car lol