Chris NottJMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StaceyS3

Thread: Help with lost keys !!!

1st Gear

Status

Help with lost keys !!!

Hi guys , lost my key drunk last night and don't have a spare !!! Luckily the car was unlocked in the garage so I can get in it not that that helps lol
    if I get a key off eBay with a transponder in it can I code it to the car myself or am I gonna get ripped off by Audi for my stupidity ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    I think you will need to take a trip to the stealers as i know you can code a key to open the doors etc using the car in the ignition etc but i am pretty sure you need to get Audi to code it for the immobiliser.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

1st Gear

Status
    Sad times I'v rang Audi at Grimsby (closest to me) and they insist you get the key from them lol that will be another rip off

Status
    You maybe able to purchase the key off Ebay to save some money b ut the coding will have to done at Audi.

As a guide on my first S3 i had about 5 years ago it only came with one key so i got a spare from audi (before i had heard of ASN) it cost about £150 for the key and the coding if i remember correctly
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

1st Gear

Status
    Wow

Status
    Glad i haggled the guy i was buying the car off down as he said it had 2 keys in the advert and only 1 when i bought the car so i did get an extra £100 knocked off the price when collecting the car so that made the sting from the stealers slightly less painful.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddya3turbo View Post
    Wow
    I think the price now will make you say a bit more than wow

1st Gear

Status
    how much are they now?

6th Gear

Status
    Iirc I got quoted in the 250-300 region for a key and coding

But don't hold me to that
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Have you not got key care from your insurance? If so I think you should.. Then claim!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

1st Gear

Status
    Can I not buy an ignition with key from scrap yard ??? Surely that would work or not ???

Status
    Yeah but then your doors will have different locks

Status
    May justy have to bite the bullet and cough up for your drunken mistake and buy yourself a keychain lol

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah but I can code the key to do the central locking myself or so I've heard by putting it in the ignition and doing some sort of routine ! All an I do that then ? Buy a key and ignition from scrap yard , stick that in and not need to have it coded ??? Just set the key up to work my doors ?????

1st Gear

Status
    * can I do that then ??? Is what I was ment to write above lol

5th Gear

Status
    you still need to have the key cut surely?

1st Gear

Status
    Cut for what ? It will be for that ignition !!! It won't fit my doors but since having the car I'v never used my key to open the door I'v always used the fob which I can code myself to the car !

Can anyone tell me this will deffo work and I will go get one tomoz , there's an a3 1.8t in my local scrappy

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddya3turbo View Post
    Cut for what ? It will be for that ignition !!! It won't fit my doors but since having the car I'v never used my key to open the door I'v always used the fob which I can code myself to the car !

Can anyone tell me this will deffo work and I will go get one tomoz , there's an a3 1.8t in my local scrappy
    Not sure if it will work but you will be fudged if you get a flat battery
    Paddya3turbo likes this.
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

1st Gear

Status
    Heavy duty battery will be fitted lol ! Really need to know if this will work guys , surely someone has tried it ???

1st Gear

Status
    I had a mobile guy come out and cut me a new key and code it for my car. He also blocked any previous keys from working. £200 for key code and cut. Also gave me some 4 digit code

1st Gear

Status
    Wow £200 !!!!! I payed less than that for my ko3s lol ,,,,, someone tell me I can go to scrappy and get this key and ignition and it will work , PLEASE lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    you cud get the ecu reprogramed to wipe all immo codes..£50.. n gt a new barrel !! it will delete you immobiliser ie{chip in key} had to do it on my 02plate punto lol..am in louth. took ecu off popd it to gy 10min job bud

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    scrapyard 1 will still need codeing as the codes in either the clocks or ecu
    theres quite a few locksmitsh out there that can sode keys

1st Gear

Status
    Right so I take clocks , ignition and key ?? And that could explain why someone wanted £75 on eBay for clocks and key !!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah have to admit after paying £200 pounds i did fill a lil sore around the rim

1st Gear

Status
    Hahahahaha found my bloody key :-)

Status
    and saved yourself £200 and alot of hassle!

Lesson to be learnt dont take car keys with you when getting V drunk!

5th Gear

Status
    Out of interest, where did you find it?
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

1st Gear

Status
    lol it was in the pub car park !!! Can only assume even tho the car was at home after getting drunk I went in the car park looking for my car lol and at some point dropped the key

5th Gear

Status
    lucky the police didn't find you wandering around drunk looking for your car....
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Haha brilliant. My car key is always given to the mrs when I'm out on the booze. Just incase I get an urge to drive after. I tend to do stupid things when I'm completely wasted.

Same as most ppl though. Some ppl fight, some crave food, I get an itch to drive unfortunately. Never done it mind.
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

Status
    Result