Help with lost keys !!!

Paddya3turbo

Reaction score
Hi guys , lost my key drunk last night and don't have a spare !!! Luckily the car was unlocked in the garage so I can get in it not that that helps lol
if I get a key off eBay with a transponder in it can I code it to the car myself or am I gonna get ripped off by Audi for my stupidity ?

I think you will need to take a trip to the stealers as i know you can code a key to open the doors etc using the car in the ignition etc but i am pretty sure you need to get Audi to code it for the immobiliser.

Sad times :( I'v rang Audi at Grimsby (closest to me) and they insist you get the key from them lol that will be another rip off

You maybe able to purchase the key off Ebay to save some money b ut the coding will have to done at Audi.

As a guide on my first S3 i had about 5 years ago it only came with one key so i got a spare from audi (before i had heard of ASN) it cost about £150 for the key and the coding if i remember correctly

Glad i haggled the guy i was buying the car off down as he said it had 2 keys in the advert and only 1 when i bought the car so i did get an extra £100 knocked off the price when collecting the car so that made the sting from the stealers slightly less painful.

Have you not got key care from your insurance? If so I think you should.. Then claim!

Can I not buy an ignition with key from scrap yard ??? Surely that would work or not ???

Yeah but then your doors will have different locks

May justy have to bite the bullet and cough up for your drunken mistake and buy yourself a keychain lol

Yeah but I can code the key to do the central locking myself or so I've heard by putting it in the ignition and doing some sort of routine ! All an I do that then ? Buy a key and ignition from scrap yard , stick that in and not need to have it coded ??? Just set the key up to work my doors ?????

Cut for what ? It will be for that ignition !!! It won't fit my doors but since having the car I'v never used my key to open the door I'v always used the fob which I can code myself to the car !

Can anyone tell me this will deffo work and I will go get one tomoz , there's an a3 1.8t in my local scrappy

Cut for what ? It will be for that ignition !!! It won't fit my doors but since having the car I'v never used my key to open the door I'v always used the fob which I can code myself to the car !

Can anyone tell me this will deffo work and I will go get one tomoz , there's an a3 1.8t in my local scrappy

Not sure if it will work but you will be fudged if you get a flat battery ;)

Reactions: Paddya3turbo
Heavy duty battery will be fitted lol ! Really need to know if this will work guys , surely someone has tried it ???

I had a mobile guy come out and cut me a new key and code it for my car. He also blocked any previous keys from working. £200 for key code and cut. Also gave me some 4 digit code

Wow £200 !!!!! I payed less than that for my ko3s lol ,,,,, someone tell me I can go to scrappy and get this key and ignition and it will work , PLEASE lol

you cud get the ecu reprogramed to wipe all immo codes..£50.. n gt a new barrel !! it will delete you immobiliser ie{chip in key} had to do it on my 02plate punto lol..am in louth. took ecu off popd it to gy 10min job bud

scrapyard 1 will still need codeing as the codes in either the clocks or ecu
theres quite a few locksmitsh out there that can sode keys

Right so I take clocks , ignition and key ?? And that could explain why someone wanted £75 on eBay for clocks and key !!

and saved yourself £200 and alot of hassle!

Lesson to be learnt dont take car keys with you when getting V drunk!

lol it was in the pub car park !!! Can only assume even tho the car was at home after getting drunk I went in the car park looking for my car lol and at some point dropped the key

Haha brilliant. My car key is always given to the mrs when I'm out on the booze. Just incase I get an urge to drive after. I tend to do stupid things when I'm completely wasted.

Same as most ppl though. Some ppl fight, some crave food, I get an itch to drive unfortunately. Never done it mind.