Turbo oil return pipe

Reaction score
Fitting my turbo and need a gasket for the oil return pipe on the bottom of the turbo. Was wondering does it need to be anything special like a metal gasket or can I just use gasket paper or will it get too hot? If it needs to be metal, where do I get one from?

TPS should do it? I got my pipe changed last year and on the recipes I'm sure it said gasket. Not at home so can't really check the codes

OEM metal gaskets all day long... dealer or TPS as a supplier... paper gaskets typically get supplied with the hybrids I have been involved in fitting and I never use um... I use OEM ones on my GT30... never leaked

<tuffty/>

oem all the way, TPS or Audi, but you're too late today as they're both shut now.

Should have bought everything before you started :p

Should have bought everything before you started :p

I forgot the return pipe needed a gasket :3sadwalk:
Spent nearly £47 at Audi yesterday just getting a thermostat, turbo/man gasket, turbo/dp gasket and inlet man gasket. Was a bit shocked at the price, but I saved 6p :rock: as I didn't have enough on me n they let me off.

it's OK, I forgot that very same gasket myself last time I did a swap!

realised I'd forgotten it, and was very careful when removing the old one, and I've re-used it no trouble. few thousand miles later and there are no leaks, so happy days :)

it's OK, I forgot that very same gasket myself last time I did a swap!

realised I'd forgotten it, and was very careful when removing the old one, and I've re-used it no trouble. few thousand miles later and there are no leaks, so happy days :)

I wanted to do the same but I can't find it, I thought I did and went to fit it then realised the bolt holes were too close, god knows what that gasket is for.