Quick wheel/tyre answer required

Westy

Reaction score
I'm looking at some wheels that are 17" 8.5j ET35

Question 1 is will my yoko semi slicks which are 225 fit these rims ok? Bear in mind that I will be using them for the track and that the tyres are quite square compared to normal tyres.

Second question is will et35 fit over my brembos without spacers?

Thanks.

I dont think the ET number is as important as the wheel design/ construction
Ive had ET32 wheels that willnt clear the brakes and then the standard wheel will.
Tyre wise i would say there will possibly be a little stretch ( doesnt happen much with track rubber) should be fine.

225 40 18 on an 18x8.5, not exactly the same but not too far off

b8a2684b.jpg

Track tyres are wider than road Tyres in the same size too don't forget so probably be alright.

How the spokes sit on the alloy is more important than offset for clearing the brakes! ET35 is the standard offset for clearing bodywork etc. With 8.5" rims, you will need spacers for the front wheels to clear the strut. If they are team dynamics, then the brakes shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry lads got no pics yet but ScottB5 does as he has the wheels in his possession as he kindly collected them for me. Anyway the wheels are Team Dynamic Imolas, bit similar to the OZ CH design. Also they only turned up to be 8j not 8.5 but still not bad for £80 :faint:

I'm planning on doing a DIY refurb in anthracite for the track. Not sure if I can handle bright green?!

I said they'd only be 8J didn't I :)

Still, for £80 I'd have snapped them up in a second!

Also, you mean BBS Ch :p Oz make things like the super T and Superleggera. My god I'm annoying.

Here's a pic of said wheels.

6024c228.jpg

I did weight them on my luggage weighing device.
It's not 100% but close.
They weigh in at about 19kg just.
I assume that's good.

Good job they're track only they look tacky as f*ck haha. Spray them up quickly before you embarrass yourself :p

Prawn, if you want. we could make some sort of deal for them. You pay me and I'll tell westy they got stolen!!

He's getting on in life, so he'd forget all about them in the next couple of weeks any way.

Sounds like a plan! I'll double your money and give you £160 for them, then we'll convince the Silverfox that it was all a dream

Sounds like a plan! I'll double your money and give you £160 for them, then we'll convince the Silverfox that it was all a dream

Sorted.
I'll claim on my house insurance as well. :thumbsup:

All proper :ninja: style though.

EDIT:=- At least I got to use my wheel bags though :thumbsup:

IMAG0631-1.jpg

Last edited:
You've been spending too much time talking to Westy I think, silly tart!

Don't tell me you've bought a scarf as well?

Oi, you two pack it in. Prawny you already own 80% of all 17" wheels in production!

Looking good in the wheel covers. I've only eve used mine once but the TDs will live in them once refurbed.

Why don't they fit your car scott? I thought they were multi drilled 5x100 and 5x112? I'd use up his tyres if I had the chance :)

Why don't they fit your car scott? I thought they were multi drilled 5x100 and 5x112? I'd use up his tyres if I had the chance :)

O yeah they are!!
Forgot that.
I'm so doing that!!

I'll check the tyre tread and all it good I'm use them.
I don't have to worry bout curbing them either.

Multidrilled...in that case throw them this way! lol If they dont fit Wesy i`ll be right here waiting :D

kermit, ya gota go kermit fred ;)

I might get a few more cans of paint and do it. Not sure if the finish will be very good though as it's VHT paint and might look a bit odd on wheels.

kermit the frog green lmao! £80 for 4 td wheels? did you deal with the blind mans dog or him direct? youve just robbed someone in broad daylight!

got to be bargain of the century....... i had some td multi fits on a civic i used to own and paid nearly £700 with tyres!

well done!

Multidrilled...in that case throw them this way! lol If they dont fit Wesy i`ll be right here waiting :D

Oi, GTFO!

I called that one long ago!

Westy, they're going to look ****. you might as well save Scott the bother of bringing them all the way to inters, and just get him to drop them off at my Dads place 10 miles from him!

Oi, GTFO!

I called that one long ago!

Westy, they're going to look ****. you might as well save Scott the bother of bringing them all the way to inters, and just get him to drop them off at my Dads place 10 miles from him!

I might decide to keep them as winter wheels.
You can have my speed lines!!

EDIT:=- I take it back. They are that bad, I can't run them.

Last edited: