Is this something to worry about? (Pics)

s3 Hoggy

Whats going on???
Reaction score
Hi all got some discs in the post today and they seem to have a groove milled into the edge? My first thoughts were it must be for balancing reasons? But I thought I'd post it on here and see what you guys think?

b0288958.jpg

fee1cfe2.jpg

Thanks in advance

showed ur pic too my father in law (very good mechanic) and he said looks like when the disc was made it was slightly out of line so the chopped some to balance it up properly. he said to take it back..

Just got the same discs from Euro, and mine had nothing like that on them... I would say drop em back to be on the safe side

Cool thanks lads yeah I'll bring them back and get them sorted! Not good for £100 a disc!

Seen loads from euros like that and never seen issues with people fitting them but if you feel uncomfortable with fitting them take them back.

Sorry bud stupid iPhone made me press dislike

Nothing to worry about, standard procedure by manufacturers for balancing.

£100 a disc!? what are they for?

I had exactly the same Pagid discs from ECP.. (no groove on mine) and think I paid £40 a pop for std S3 size...

£100 a disc!? what are they for?

I had exactly the same Pagid discs from ECP.. (no groove on mine) and think I paid £40 a pop for std S3 size...

They're for Brembo's mate

What size disc hog? They togo under the lcr brembos youve just nabbed?

As said, pretty standard. You'd be more ****** if they forgot to balance them...

Cheers guys guess I'll be keeping them then. Glad I asked now as I'd never seen it before

Not as bad as a golf I saw at Ace Cafe on Tuesday that had a visible crack half way through 1 front disc :sadlike:

Do you mean something like this westy?
5320-picture-086.jpg

Happened at the end of the warm up session on my last track day last month.
Heard a high pitch metallic sound twice, both front disc craked, i had to crawl home using the hand brake to slow down.

5320-picture-086.jpg

Heard a high pitch metallic sound twice, both front disc craked, i had to crawl home using the hand brake to slow down.

Not quite that severe but the guy was driving round on the cracked disc and said it had been like that for months!

5320-picture-086.jpg

one of the reasons i wont ever buy drilled discs. there is just no need

Mad thing is I showed you that Westy and it was also another ECS disc set up..............not good me thinks?

It was on Bens golf that is supposed to run at about 294bhp or something but is currently running much lower for some reason.