Concert Stereo Code

onks

Reaction score
After disconnecting the battery, the radio reset, and needed a code to get it working again.

Entered the code I have in my stereo manual, doesn't bl**dy work !!

Any idea how I can get the stereo working ?

I have a long drive to work, and my singing voice can cause nose bleeds.

As I said make sure you do it with the engine running.
It doesn't say it in the manual but I've had this happen before where it won't unlock the radio when you hold in the TP/RDS buttons after entering the correct code, but is fine with when you repeat the process with the ignition on.

What stage do you get to?

Doesn't accept the code, after I have entered the correct one, and held the TP/RDS buttons.

Will give it a go tomorrow with the engine running.

Cheers

No joy with the engine running.

Just spoken to one Audi dealer.

£37.50 + VAT to send the details down a secure line (like I give a s**t is it is secure) to Germany, and get the details back.

I can't believe the cheek of it.

Decided it will be cheaper to just get some more practice with a hair brush !

Spoke to the lovely people at my Local Audi in Chester. Happy for me to pop down in the car, and they will remove the stereo, check the serial number, get me my code, all for free !!

Me Happy :)

£40 / free hmmm tough decision.

Good stuff... glad you got it sorted.

Like you say, a little bit on the cheeky side asking for £40.

Some people will always try it on if they want to be awkward. Sounds like a nice friendly bunch down at Chester Audi. I got my car from up that way, the Wirral, and I think it's last service was with them...

Cheers

Tim

my dealer charges £20, it takes me about 5 mins to get the code. bit of a cheak really. i believe if you brought the car from us and have it serviced with us then we should do it for free.as a gesture of good will!!!!!!

the line is secure and it is audi that request all the ID they need to be inputed to the computer when applying for the radio code and the records are meant to be kept for 5 yrs by the dealer.

you may think this is stupid but if some **** was to attempt to steal your radio then you would be well chuffed if we were to stop them from being able to use it! or not if you dont like the genuine head units!