Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Thorough noob

Status

Engine management light is on...

Right, so my engine management light is on, but it wasn't on before I did two things today.

1. I have installed the Tups LED light package for the whole car including number plate lights (looks amazing btw), while doing this one of the fuses for the interior lights blew and I had to replace it. All is fine now with all the lights working etc.

2. Accidentally started the engine with the MAF unplugged. Didn't drive it anywhere, I just started it then turned it off once I realised after about 3 minutes.

Apart from these nothing new has happened to the car. Can I do a sort of reset to turn it off or will I need to turn it off via VCDS?

Dan
    Last edited by Danman1; 31st May 2012 at 17:16.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The cars just thrown a code because you started it without the maf being plugged in, I did the same thing recently when I fitted my tip, the code just needs to be cleared with vag com or a similar code reader .
    revo'd

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Having the MAF disconnected doesnt normally keep the EML on, you normally get the traction control light on, but once connected and car off and back on clears that and the TC light will go off, I have done this a few times to check the maf and never had the EML come on.

Also the LEDs wont have any effect on the EML either, so could be coincidence.

Have you been out for a drive, does it feel any different?

Also, do you have or can you get access to VAGCOM to get the car scanned at all?

Thorough noob

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilz View Post
    Having the MAF disconnected doesnt normally keep the EML on, you normally get the traction control light on, but once connected and car off and back on clears that and the TC light will go off, I have done this a few times to check the maf and never had the EML come on.

Also the LEDs wont have any effect on the EML either, so could be coincidence.

Have you been out for a drive, does it feel any different?

Also, do you have or can you get access to VAGCOM to get the car scanned at all?
    My TC light did come on yeah but went off after a bit, took the car out for a spin thinking it would sort itself out but it hasnt, the EML is still on.

Im meeting Chris (rhubarb4) on Tuesday night for him to have a scan and hopefully clear the issue! If not ill be posting another thread with all my problems

Dan

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    No worries dude, you have my number, so give us a shout if you need a hand at all next week.

Let us know how you get on.

6th Gear

Status
    the eml will stay on as the engine ecu needs the signal from the airmass to calculate engine load. you'll have a sporadic code in there for it being unplugged (open circuit).
    unlike the traction light (which also needs the engine load signal) which will go out once the airmass is plugged back in, and engine turned off and back on.

just get it reset.