the S3 failed it's MOT today,
they said my 18" RS4 reps were rubbing on the inside
of the front arches on full lock.
I did think that they sat further into the arches than the
17" Avus rims.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Don't know what the offset of the 18"s are, would need to take one off &
see if it's stamped in the back of it.
Would fitting spacers cure my inner arch fouling ?
I'm going to book it in soon to get the suspension done,
so I could get them to fit spacers at the same time.

Thanks,

Scott.

not sure but on the genuine wheels the offset is behind the center cap.
would make it a very quick job to check if its the same on reps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

offset was stamped on back of spoke, ET42 !!
the wheels are multi fit for 112mm and 100mm , looks like they've gave me an a4/s4 offset.

back to the shop tomorrow,
starting to get a bit fed up now !!

Scott,

ET42 is a massive offset. I think RS4's have something like that as standard because they have wide arches. So yeah, get yourself back to the shop and have a word /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks like they gave you the wrong ones. (And as a result your car has failed it's MOT... Grrr!)

You'll need something in the region of 30 to 35 for an A3/S3...

Cheers

Tim

[ QUOTE ]

ET42 is a massive offset. I think RS4's have something like that as standard because they have wide arches. So yeah, get yourself back to the shop and have a word /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ET42 actually pushes the wheels into the arch, as it's actually ET-42, Genuine OE RS4 wheels have an offset of ET20 to push them out and fill the wider arches. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

My bad... you are of course correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif Apologies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

I sat for a while before posting that and wondered what I had said wrong (because he originally said the wheels were fouling on the INSIDE edge...)but, since I'm a woman, I can never be wrong so apology rescinded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

have been back to shop & they're
sorting me out with some spacers.
have got the avus 17's back on for the re-test