thoughs on this turbo please

sim1987

smoke em all
Reaction score
Hi all , i have been looking at a new turbo for my s3 and have come across this:

ATP-VVW-165 GT2871R Eliminator Hardware Turbo Kit for VAG 1.8T 225BHP Quattro 98-05
400 HP 98-05 VW 1.8T GT2871R Eliminator Hardware Kit. Fits all Quattro 1.8T S3/TT, does not fit FWD Models. Also does not fit the 180HP Quattro model.

This unit is uniquely built to drop right in and replace your stock turbo. It's compatible with the factory stock exhaust manifold and stock downpipe (or stock flanged high flow downpipe). This is a very stealth and easy to install Garrett dual ball bearing turbo that is capable of a lot of power, but in the stock location package.

cost: £1657.50

As i am trying to keep the car looking as clean as possible would this be a good buy as it is still fitted in the stock location.
Also if anyone has had one of these fitted were you happy with the performance and build quality.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not as simple as just bolting in... you would need as a minimum bigger injectors and a custom remap... also more likely a custom TIP, inline fuel pump and some other mods... its not a 400hp turbo either... 330/350 ish depending on supporting mods but seeing as its still attached to the std K04 manifold then the figures will be low while EGTs will be high I suspect... also be laggier than a K04

<tuffty/>

Its not as simple as just bolting in... you would need as a minimum bigger injectors and a custom remap... also more likely a custom TIP, inline fuel pump and some other mods... its not a 400hp turbo either... 330/350 ish depending on supporting mods but seeing as its still attached to the std K04 manifold then the figures will be low while EGTs will be high I suspect... also be laggier than a K04

<tuffty/>

Thanks, so i would need to upgrade most of the running gear.
I was looking for round about 350 bhp, Do you think it would be worth the hastle or is there a better kit on the market?
From what your saying can i asum it would cost some where in the region of 2-3k

thanks

Personally I would just fit a normal GT2871 on a proper T25 mani not bother with the eliminator kit at all... that said a T3 GT3071 is not much different in price turbo wise and would give you 350hp easily with a bit of head room for more..

This kinda level you would be looking to fit rods and would ideally look to fit a large port head too... there are a few big turbo build threads on here to have a look at for ideas...

As for stealth... you may want to have a read of my build thread ;P

<tuffty/>

Personally I would just fit a normal GT2871 on a proper T25 mani not bother with the eliminator kit at all... that said a T3 GT3071 is not much different in price turbo wise and would give you 350hp easily with a bit of head room for more..

This kinda level you would be looking to fit rods and would ideally look to fit a large port head too... there are a few big turbo build threads on here to have a look at for ideas...

As for stealth... you may want to have a read of my build thread ;P

<tuffty/>

Thanks again mate will defo have a we read on your build thread, same old story just need to pony up the cash :(

there's one coming here saturday tuffty..
on LCR.. and relentless mani

we shall soon see what it manages

there's one coming here saturday tuffty..
on LCR.. and relentless mani

we shall soon see what it manages

Cool... be a nice test vs others we have done... be interesting to see if the relentless can make a difference her too :)

Mapping or just a run?

<tuffty/>