Any Ideas??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
My car seems to be down on power :(

If i put my foot down the boost comes in good and strong (from looking at the boost gauge) but the car doesn't seem to have much umph .

The clutch isn't slipping and i cant see any obvious boost leaks, I've scanned the car and i don't have any faults.

So as the title says..........

Any ideas ?

The warmer weather won't be helping... will make the car feel less urgent especially when heat soak sets in...

I would be looking at doing some logging to check stuff like airflow, IAT's and fuelling in the first instance... also looking at timing pull as that can make the car feel more dull... also see this with cars running 95ron fuel rather than V-Power or other high octane fuels...

<tuffty/>

The warmer weather won't be helping... will make the car feel less urgent especially when heat soak sets in...

I would be looking at doing some logging to check stuff like airflow, IAT's and fuelling in the first instance... also looking at timing pull as that can make the car feel more dull... also see this with cars running 95ron fuel rather than V-Power or other high octane fuels...

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the reply mate ;)

This hasn't just started happening since the warm weather, Its been like it for a while now. At first i thought it could be down to some sort of boost leak but as you can see from my sig I've removed most of the hoses when fitting the catch can and doing the n249 bypass.

I'm going to do some logs at son as i find some time (and a nice stretch of road).

I only ever use either V power or tescos momentum so i don't think its that.

Could it be the N75 getting old?

Any other ideas?

N75 normally gives wavering boost at full throttle, does the boost go up and down? You can get a new one on eBay for about £40 delivered, so might be just as well to get a new one to make sure.

sorry to jump on your thread, when you say wavering on full throttle, when im in third in the higher end on the rev counted it feels like it holds back then goes then holds and goes could this be the n75 then?

plus maybe try some REDEX to clean the injectors?

Yes that is exactly what mine was doing, but it will be in any gear not just third, I changed the N75 and all is fine, pulls nice, no up and down boost any more.

Ahh mines only the top end of third. Not sure if I should buy a new n75 or Ot, also when you bought yours was it off eBay? F so how do you know it's not as faulty as the one your using now?

The one I got from eBay was new from an Audi dealer who sells parts on there.