S3 coilovers

scottmac1

Reaction score
im new to the audi scene and im looking for a set of coilovers for my S3. what all would i need apart from the coillys? cheers!

What coilovers are you thinking of getting?
Depending on how low you go, you will need adjustable rear tie bars to sort the camber out, front drop links may be needed too if the ARB is hitting the wishbone.

im new to the audi scene and im looking for a set of coilovers for my S3. what all would i need apart from the coillys? cheers!

How low are you looking to go? And are you looking for a serious performance enhancing setup or purely aesthetic? All of these will affect your costs, and what you need to do.

My S3 below on AP Coilovers, and Forge Adjustable Rear Tie Bars - approx. 50mm drop all round:

IMG_1236.jpg

Reactions: ShaunS3
How low are you looking to go? And are you looking for a serious performance enhancing setup or purely aesthetic? All of these will affect your costs, and what you need to do.

My S3 below on AP Coilovers, and Forge Adjustable Rear Tie Bars - approx. 50mm drop all round:

IMG_1236.jpg

What's the ride comfort like?
Still feel quality built/solid?
How much did they set you back?

Shaun.

Just looking into coilovers the now, i know the JOM's are fairly cheap but what like are they? im looking to go about 50mm on front and 60mm on rear, ish!

Shaun.

Ive also got AP's and they've been on there for a few years now and still feel solid, ride comforts not bad for a set of coilovers. They cost me £370 back then, I think they're just over £450 now.

Shaun.

Ride comfort is great, not far from Std. just a tad firmer.
Quality is improved, feels tougher, stronger. Handles so much better. Tighter in every way.
Parts were about £450.00 for coilovers and about £250.00 for tie bars.