Ultimate VAG trackday - Brands Hatch August bank holiday Saturday 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Righty then folks, another awesome summer event for us all to attend, at the fabulous Brands Hatch Circuit!

This has been organised and planned by Aaron, and the boys at Commrades of Vag, and if all goes to plan, it should be a massive event!

35d3cb3a.jpg

The idea: a massive VAG only trackday, members from various groups covering the whole VAG range of vehicles, Audi-sport.net, Secret Seat Society, Commrades of Vag, amongst others on the invite list.

Rather than your average trackday where you'll find yourself up against caterfield type things pretending it's a test day, nutters in massive turbo barges, and crazy kids in french hot hatches, this day is all about all things VAG, from your Leon Cupra R's to an RS6 to an A4 tdi estate, if it's VAG, it's welcome!

We have room for up to 60 cars, but we need 30 to make this happen, so as a start, we're looking for 10 cars from ASN, 10 cars from COV, and 10 cars from the SSS. I reckon we can do that easily, the more the better!

The venue: Brands Hatch - Postcode DA3 8NG

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit is a real favourite amongst trackday drivers. This relatively short circuit is surprisingly difficult to perfect with double apexes at both Druids and Clearways. The swoops and dips add to excitement culminating in Paddock Hill Bend often described as being like dropping off the edge of the world! It should be on the list of must-dos for every trackday driver in the country!

The format:

Open Pitlane - this Represents FAR better value for money than any other format, the format is as follows:

07:30 Signing On 08:30 Briefing 09:00 Track Time Begins 13:00 Lunch 14:00 Track Time Restarts 17:00 Track Time Ends

So that's a massive 7 hours of track time!

The cost:

Numbers depending, the cost SHOULD be £202.50. Standard price for an MSV full day is £225 (pretty reasonable for Brands in mid Summer!), but if we can get 10 ASN members signed on we get a 10% discount.
This discount also applies to any extras you want, like heltmet hire, or driver training.

So, that's 7 hours of driving for £202.50, just £29 per hour! Pretty cheap when you compare it to a session at Castle combe, £45 for 15 minutes (£180 per hour - OUCH!)

So, to book, all you need to do, is phone or email Mark Lawrence at Club MSV.

You can call him on 0843 453 3000
You can e-mail him at mark.lawrence@clubmsv.co.uk

Or you can just head on over to Event Details

The noise limit at the event will be at a reassuringly high 105dBa measured 1m from the exhaust at 4500rpm,
so high enough for even the loudest of cars, and all road cars are eligable to enter, so there really is no excuse!

I'm dead excited about this already, I booked today, and Mark was very helpful. I've not driven Brands before, but it looks amazing.

For now, MSV don't need to take any money from anyone, you just need to ring up Mark and register your interest, then, once we have the required 10 cars per club, discounts will be applied and Mark will contact you to sort out payment. It couldn't be more simple!

The more people we can get on board for this the better, lets make it an awesome day with a massive ASN turn out to show up the rest of the VAG scene!

EDIT: Because I'm not a tart, I forgot all about this bit:

For all those who don't want to go on track, but still fancy a great day out at an awesome venue, there will also be a show n shine contest held in the paddock during the day, as well as respresentatives on site from R-tech Power and LVS Racing to discuss all your tuning needs :)

ASN ATTENDEES LIST

1. Prawn + Bigal - A3 track car
2. Frenchman - A3 turbo
3. Paradox - Golf GTi

Last edited:
Looks good and a reasonable cost. Is it a helmet a requirement?

Any ideas on extra drivers?

A helmet is a requirement at all events of this kind yes, you can either wear your own, or hire one from MSV on the day.

Additional drivers cost £25 to add for the day.

Both additional driver and helmet hire costs are subject to the 10% discount offer as well, so reducing the price further :)

If i get some track wheels in time,which i should,il be up for this,have'nt been to brands hatch yet,and really want to,so hopefully.

I'm in with the Cordoba :)

Just had it fully polybushed and some vibratech engine mounts fitted and wow - it feels so much tighter than before. Can't wait to get it on track, but unfortunately June & July are pretty much a write-off for me so this @ Brands is pretty much spot on.

If you want I'll stick a post up on Cupra.net - there are a few active trackday folk in the Kent/Essex area who I'm sure would be up for it.

Last edited:
I'm defo there mate but I'm not sure if I'll be tracking the car, it all depends on weather my misses goes past her due date aug 19

Go on Bobby, you'll love it!

The best thing about a day like this, is there is no pressure. So many people think they have to use ultra tyres and brakes before they could even consider a trackday, but the truth is all you need is your road car, in good roadworthy condition, and a bit of common sense to drive it sensibly :)

The fact that it's among friends and we're all in similarly matched cars will just make it more exciting!

U know what let me check if I got the days off from work and I'm in mate !!

All booked in for this one. Dead excited! Time to see what this car can do when it's had a few tweaks ;)

Put me down as a maybe please, Ill have to wait until closer to the time to confirm! Worth me re posting to the TT forum?

i'm so game for this :) depending on the state of my car at the time i may be forced to come in the track car and not go on track :( but hopefully the s3 will be ready so can pop its track virginity :)

Folks, the bookings are not made through me, so I can't put anyone down as a maybe, confirmed, or otherwise.

If I start a list, then once you've called up Mark and registered yourself, you can add yourself to the list on here and I'll update the list in the first post as we go :)

Glad to see the massive interest so soon, I think this really will be an awesome day.

For everyone attending, I'll be handing out Westys phone number when you sign on, so we can be sure to send him as many texts and pictures messages as possible throughout the day, whilst he celebrates someone being old :)

So, the attendees, from ASN:

2. Frenchman - A3 turbo
3. Paradox - Golf GTi

Please only add yourself to the list once you've called up and booked in officially :)

I'll have his number
Unlimited picture messaging from 30 ppl is bound to make him realise he's made the wrooooooong decision
cant wait fit this day lads
it will be good for all clubs and mmembers
im slowly getting to know more and more ppl from the three clubs
its gonna be an proper giggle and good opportunity to some awesome lads and have some track fun ;)

I spoke to Mark this afternoon so:

2. Frenchman - A3 turbo
3. Paradox - Golf GTi
4. jcs356 (Jason) - Cordoba SX 16v track car

Last edited:
i might have to chuck the old derv round there me thinks better get some brakes !

it isn't, surely it's less distance than Castle Combe? Go on SuperK, it'll be the event of the year!

Apart from Prawn, Jason and any one else with track cars.
Is any on going through the hassle of stripping their car?? or just keeping it how it is

Apart from Prawn, Jason and any one else with track cars.
Is any on going through the hassle of stripping their car?? or just keeping it how it is

Ive stripped some out
but it's getting the full don rip out ready for inters
im even getting some light weight seats and shaving my pubes off

Reactions: Audi love
I'd recommend taking out the easy stuff. Rear bench, parcel shelf, spare wheel and tools.

Think I May do that, cheers. Cant help thinking the car will be twitchy though with weight from the rear removed. may need a 4 wheel alignment just before the trackday then

Think I May do that, cheers. Cant help thinking the car will be twitchy though with weight from the rear removed. may need a 4 wheel alignment just before the trackday then

Nah, you'll be fine. Only time I got into a tank slapper was under heavy braking and turning into a corner to late and too fast (video evidence in the Vids section) :)

Hey Prawn - Cheers for the awesome write up, appreciate it dude!

So excited about this event, is it sad that I actually struggled to sleep last night because of it?! Spoke to some of the guys at Prept and they were well up for it.

Thinking this could be a great way for all the VAG clubs to meet up and get to know each other, and tbh there's not much of a better place than Brands! Being an OPL Trackday, it'll be a decent, friendly atmosphere with no pressue as to what car you bring on the day.

If there's guys that are really into track cars and seeing who's quickest, we could always set up an "Ultimate VAG" How Fast day at Bedford Autodrome sometime in the future.

I'm using a spreadsheet to keep track of numbers from each club as people book...so far the score is...

ASN - 4
COV - 4
SSS - 1
Other - 1

Keep the bookings coming guys, I'm in the office pretty much all day - use my direct number if it's easier, 01474 87 5214.

Later! \m/

Status
Not open for further replies.