Broken dipstick holder ... Oil spray

Keiran

Reaction score
Hi guys, just ordered a new dipstick holder from the stealers as mine has snapped into a million pieces. I have been getting little spay marks of oil on the underside of the bonnet and the inlet mani has spray marks on also. Could this be from the shattered dipstick holder? It only seems to be doing this after fitting a catch can thow and one of the silicone pipes has a slight kink in. Maybe this is the cause from build up of crank pressure? Your thoughts wizards :) ??

Ps car is an a3 1.8tqs engine code AJQ
cheers,

Keiran

i broke my dipstick and ran it bodged for a day and got the same. so dont worry.

BUT, do worry about a blocked breather system and excessive crank pressure. get the hose sorted

Cheers mate, good to know where it's coming from, it's getting fixed tomoro along with the pipework anyway.
Thanks for the reply.

I snapped mine too, jammed a bung in the hole for a temp fix, it's obv but check ur oil level...

Yes mate Ive done the same ordered a new one yesterday and picking it up in the morning. They get very brittle with age but cheep fix so all good.

I broke my dipstick funnel. Bought another one from gsf for £1.64!

Im just gonna go and try now mate so I'll let you know how when I'm done.

mate i think its twist and pull if not mistaken but take it very easy they break a slight bit of pressure. awesome have a metal one its nice and shinny stainless steel if you want to pay 30-40 pounds that is... it wont ever break :p

that works too just watch out that nothing ending up in the hole you dont want it stuck on your oil pickup or it ending up running the through the engine...

It just pulls off...just remember when putting the new one on, just soak the bottom of it in some hot water for a bit, just to soften it up a bit so that it goes on that little bit easier, again its just the opposite of taking it off, it just pushes and clicks in.

Yup! Just pulls off! Just be careful not to break anything otherwise it'll end up going down the metal tube.