EPC light and engine check light

musty

Reaction score
Hi all hope someone can help?

I started my s3 today but with a struggle and a big puff of smoke from the back and fuel smell, I moved the car and went to go back about 20 mins
later the car wont start epc light and engine light flashing relays clicking, can't get vag com to talk with the ecu it won't connect. Checked fuses all good, checked connections to ecu seem fine. Any help would be appreciated

Mine sometimes wont start and the epc light comes on (1.8t aum), I vagcom'd it and it says crank position sensor which I got the sensor but not fitted yet.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 20 mins? Then re connect and try vagcom, if still no communication try your vagcom on someone elses car just to make sure its nothing to do with your lappy or cable. Or try someone elses vagcom on yours.

If that checks out ok, I dunno poss ecu fried?

Hope you get it sorted

Mine sometimes wont start and the epc light comes on (1.8t aum), I vagcom'd it and it says crank position sensor which I got the sensor but not fitted yet.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 20 mins? Then re connect and try vagcom, if still no communication try your vagcom on someone elses car just to make sure its nothing to do with your lappy or cable. Or try someone elses vagcom on yours.

If that checks out ok, I dunno poss ecu fried?

Hope you get it sorted

Thanks for your reply, I did disconnect the battery for 10 min but no luck might try 20 min, vag com works on my other car so that not the problem.

I have read else where could be crank sensor or as you said fried ecu from a short in the loom

Reactions: Cj_sat69
Your next cheapst option then is the sensor but its an **** to replace, if after that you still have no joy, i would try asking some more advise on here or see an auto electricion.

Thanks for all the help, it was water in the ECU after the mrs washed it :( so just drying it out now hopefully i dont have get a new ECU

Thanks for all the help, it was water in the ECU after the mrs washed it :( so just drying it out now hopefully i dont have get a new ECU

wow water in the ecu? thats not good, not a place you want water lol. Let us know what happens.

wow water in the ecu? thats not good, not a place you want water lol. Let us know what happens.

RIP to the Ecu had to buy another one but all is good now