Badger5Chris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Tapping/clicking sounds from outside

I have noticed recently that, when driving with the windows down, I can hear a clicking/tapping sound from the rear of the car. At first I thought it was a stone caught in one of the tyres 'tapping' against the ground. I looked but there were no stones.

Yesterday, while cleaning the car, I noticed that there was something stuck to the back of the spokes of one of my wheels. The stuff was coming away from the wheels and made a similar sound to the one I heard when it was 'brushed against' at the edge. Could it be that they stick some kind of protective plastic to the wheels when they are new and it was never removed?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Post Whore

Status

Re: Tapping/clicking sounds from outside

fuel pump can make that noise... ANyhow it could be the label that has come off? I dont know fella.

imported_Nigma

Get the car up on a jack, and spin the wheel by hand. You can then atleast eliminate the wheel if you cant hear anything.

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    sounds to me like you are hearing the sound coming from the wrong place and you are refering to the activated charcoal filter (see FAQ sticky at top of thread).

hope you get it sorted if it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume from the description that you would be able to hear this noise even when stationary? Would it get louder when you give it more welly?