cold air feed done today

Reaction score
today i finally managed to get my cold air feed put in to standard airboxonly got to cut out fit tightly in bumper tomz but cant wait to see what difference it makes .... i used a 3" black pipe from original position down to bumper,next item on the agenda is a tip ??? cant decide which 1 to go for and then a phone call to bath audi about coil pack recall ...

Just ordered my B5 TIP. Well excited. Got any pics of your cold air feed install?

Dan

hi i will post some pics as soon as my phone actually connects to my computer... sorry for the delay guys. went out earlier and noticed a slight difference in throttle response - might just be me but dv sounded alot crisper than normal?

Sorry still no pics guys,have today ordered a coldside relocation kit from creation motorsport on ebay - really good quality at much lower prices than forge and other company's. Again will try to upload some pics of my progress for all to see dammmmm phone

Nice mod and u do feel a difference here is my install

Cold air feed trumpet from front bumper
a91d206b.jpg

Feed into my airbox
7bf9a72e.jpg

Current setup with my much larger jetex filter ready for k04 conversion,pipe will be trimmed later during the install
ef7d9166.jpg

Hope this helps

hi guys finally got some pics - u can see my cold air feed, and also ive put some pics of my new cold side relocation kit. As you can see ive made some changes to kit as i found the dv to get in the way of throttle cable !!

sorry guys didnt know how to post pics lets try again
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Looks like i got it right at last,been trying to do this for ages. heres a pic of my gauge pod on the dash as im on role 2day
scaled.php

i have just ordered a cold air feed pipe, my question is, how do you fit it into the standard air box as the inlet is oval? im using a pipercross panel filter.... i was going to go about it with...alot of duct tape..... how didyou do yours?

the pipe i used was plastic with a metal ring running through so i carefully pressed it into shape through into the box - this was also the case this afternoon when i cleaned up my fitting into front bumper

take a look its easily done...

scaled.php

My pipe was a solid flexi pipe and very tough and secure with air trumpets, just squeeze the pipe into the car box and it will be fine