Ferrodo ds2500 brake pad questions?

ap

Reaction score
I have a 2002 s3 car used for road and a couple of track days a year.......here goes the questions???

1.Currently where are you guys buying your ds2500 brake pads from?

2.do ferrodo sell ds2500 brake pads for the rear?

3.if not what rear pads are you running?

4.I have read that the ds2500 have not wear indicators, would I be correct that all you need to do is bridge the wires to prevent the dashboard from lighting up with warnings?

Sorry for the quantity of questions there is so much info on here about brakes and braking your mind just goes into overdrive, you think you have reached a decision and then you think of another question. I am reluctant to spend all that cash if I'm unsure.

Cheers
Andy

1). Bill @ Badger5 sells DS2500's... you can find his details in the sponsors forum...

2) stick to std pads for the rear as the DS2500's for the rear are half the thickness of std pads (not great value for money) and the rears do very little braking wise so no actual benefit... std pads will be miles cheaper and do the job just as well

3) std pads.. pagid, bosch, OEM

4) yes... I cut the plug from an old set of pads, twisted the wires together, insulated the bare wires and plugged it into the sensor plug wiring... simples :)

DS2500's are a good pad... also worth doing a fluid change too as it should be done every 2 years really...

<tuffty/>