Volks AutosBadger5

ebay ally mirror fakes??

hi have seen these on ebay but they look like fakes, plastic painted silver. they dont seem to have th eblack plastic insert and look like the far insides are plastic and have been missed by th epaint job? Am i right can anybody tell me wat i need to be looking for?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

2. # ADS
    ADS

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Re: ebay ally mirror fakes??

they're def not the original, they look like the inpro style ones, I dunno I don't like 'em

someone is not going to be happy buying them for Ł112?

1st Gear

Status

they do have an e mark but so could painted ones does any one know if the part number he has given is right?

Neutral

Status

Look original to me, part number is in the same place as the ones i had, as mark said can someone double check the part number.

imported_ashs3

The InPro ones are chrome and not brushed ali effect.

If they are not genuine covers then they may be fakes as I don't think InPro do brushed effect ones

5th Gear

Status

they look like the orig audi ones i just bought for a very nice price. i got heated glass and black plastic insert separately.

they arent inpro ones as they are chrome and not my cup of tea.

if you are in doubt ask the seller where he got them, does he have receipt, why is he selling etc

the seller is clearly stating they are oem and so If they aren't oem you can get ebay to refund your cash.

the ones i have seen (only in photos) on this forum have a black plastic insert on the outside of the mirror at the front on the bottom like my colour coded ones. not too good at inserting photos so heres a link of what i mean.

http://www.audi-sport.net/gallery/sh...sort=1&cat=511

The ones on eBay are silver all over, surely not right. I was hoping someone here might be able to give a definitive answer, cheers

I thought they were all the same? is that not the case then, which do i need for my pre-facelift, anyone got photos?

2nd Gear

Status

they look like the satin ones on a rs4 etc

they are plastic i have asked, can anybody tell me if i can fit facelifted ones on to a pre-face lift car? do i need anything?

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    they are plastic i have asked, can anybody tell me if i can fit facelifted ones on to a pre-face lift car? do i need anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Afraid not, they are slightly different shape and have different mounting points.

5th Gear

Status

they are plastic!! i wasnt aware of audi's oem plastic mirror covers in alli finish? unless its the plastic ones that pop up on ebay for Ł10 unfinished which have been sprayed.

either way i wouldnt be happy if i won that auction! i got my real alli ones for a ton with heated glass and black inserts.

the guy i got them from had bought them in germany. if you want ally mirrors get them from there, much cheaper.

Audi still produce Genuine Audi Original eqipment plastic mirror covers! they are plastic though he responded to my mail honestly speckie83 isn't going to be a happy boy, may be i should mail him. It does go to show how you can be conned on eBay by clever use of phrasing. He is also careful to say "alloy look" in the title. I have checked the others on ebay and they are correct but going at Ł250 per pair I think is way too much for my pocket - I could have all my wheels refurbed for less than that!