Here's a funny symptom.... my S3 has loose bowels?

Schlaag

Bwah
Reaction score
Good morning

I took the S3 for a spirited drive through the lanes last night en route somewhere (have just fitted a JR cone to the B5 TIP) and was pulling really well... i'm sure its not a standard map/boost level!

anywho... obviously with the cone and TIP the induction noises are very noticeable.... however... every now and again on full throttle, the forge 008 would dump! without me letting off the throttle. How very rude!

A loose scphincter perhaps? or more realistically a not strong enough spring in the 008 (I haven't changed it so its fitted with whatever it came with out of the box)

OR, would it be this N249 bypass that i've heard banded around that needs doing? The S3 is AMK

thanks
Dave

Yes mate, just like I had let off the throttle. But foot was down. So at the moment im assuming weak spring in 008 or the N249 bypass should be done as the ecu is dumping my boost... the b*stard!

thanks
Dave

Sounds like limp mode to me... overboost or MAF issue typically... a scan for fault codes required methinks..

N249 bypass would prevent the ECU from using the DV to dump boost when it thinks it has an issue but won't fix the reason why its happening... I would be looking to fix the issue first :)

<tuffty/>

Limp mode eh! mmm cheeky. I had better get this VAGCOM gear bought sharpish then. Thanks again Tuffty