clutch upgrade

egesford

Reaction score
hello again.

ive just sold my a3 and bought an octavia vrs

gearbox is getting replaced soon as it is ''whirring''

does the upgrade (vr6 bits) fit the octavia?

also, i have a gearbox from an a3tdi which looks like it will bolt on, but wondered if the ratios would be the same

any help would be appreciated, i know its not audi but more people seem to be able to offer advice on this forum

thanks

Is the vrs 5 or 6 speed? If its 5 you can fit a vr6 clutch and g60 flywheel.

I've heard of fitting diesel gearboxes but never known the pros/cons od it. Um guessing it would be used for cars with loads of torque as the gears are shorter.call badger 5, I'm sure he would know

As Marty said, 5 or 6 speed?

VR6 clutch and G60 flywheel if it's a 5 speeder, nice cheap conversion and a big improvement.

if it's 6 speed, I havn't a clue, I have no need to know anything about them :p I do know they're expensive though.

TDi box will have way different ratios I think. I have a mate with a TDI box in a leon, and it hit a top speed of 207mph on the rollers at AMD, and pulls to 120 in 3rd on a 6 speed. useless ratios.

As Marty said, 5 or 6 speed?

VR6 clutch and G60 flywheel if it's a 5 speeder, nice cheap conversion and a big improvement.

if it's 6 speed, I havn't a clue, I have no need to know anything about them :p I do know they're expensive though.

TDi box will have way different ratios I think. I have a mate with a TDI box in a leon, and it hit a top speed of 207mph on the rollers at AMD, and pulls to 120 in 3rd on a 6 speed. useless ratios.

Lol Prawn that would be nuts.