What Is Post Whoring ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ QUOTE ]
Would posting an off-Audi topic be considered post whoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but if you posted it in the wrong forum, it would probably be moved to the right one. For example, if you post a thread on hi-fis & TVs in the A4 forum, it would get moved to the AV forum appropriate to that topic. As much as anything, means more people will see a thread and contribute to it if it's in the right place

In fact, it could said that this thread is in the wrong forum, as it's not car specific, but relates to conduct on the forum itself.

[ QUOTE ]
Think I get it. Talking s**t to get your post count up eh ?
Surely a couple of hundred interesting posts is better than 2000 waffle posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! Chris...

People posting irrelevant comments, waffling nonsense, posting smileys with no relevance, spoiling threads, being obstructive / confromtational / irrelevant for no reason....etc, etc..

These people know who they are...I suggest that if you don't think it affects you...it probably doesn't.
These 'heros' know what they do...they are also proud of it.

We'll see how proud they are to receive the news that their account has been deleted!

[ QUOTE ]

Told him that I have to find the subject of interest or of relevance to whatever I am up to at the time. If not I'll keep schtuum.

[/ QUOTE ]

A great attitude... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

These people know who they are...I suggest that if you don't think it affects you...it probably doesn't.
These 'heros' know what they do...they are also proud of it.

We'll see how proud they are to receive the news that their account has been deleted!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is way over the top. You make it sound like a concerted campaign to bring down the Audi Sport forum... and equally you seem to revel in your full moderator privileges.

At the end of the day there would be no forum without the posters.. and equally there aren't that many S3/A3 owners compared to many other car groups. So if you start culling a few chatterboxes it will be a downward spiral.

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree with your main point but more as a "quiet word in your ear" rather than threats to cut people off, most of whom are probably not even aware (until now) that they're engaging in poor netiquette.

Cheers
Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.