Windows not working, all four did, now they have all stopped

LoopTrooper

Reaction score
All the windows used to work on the Audi fine. No problems but then all of a sudden all the windows stopped working. Even the panel with all the window switches has stopped working. If you use the switches on any of the other windows they no longer work. I've read about the window clip thing but surely if it was that it would only effect one window? I've also looked at the fuse box and cant work out which one would control the window. The only one that seemed to fit the bill was fuse 5 for the comfort module, but that fuse is in tact.

Its not been to bad but yesterday the black car with a black interior was sat in the sun all day so it was literally like an oven. Subsequently the pregnant wife renounced her Audi keys in favour for my Golf Cabriolet until I fix it or the weather calms itself down.

HELP!?

Are the switches illuminated? If not I'd deffo suspect a fuse has popped. As its strange all four have stopped. Wouldn't be the clip.

Is there not a fuse listed for windows in your manual?

Yeah the panel has stopped lighting up. I've had a look at the fuse card but I can't work out which one is for the windows. The closest thing I can find is the comfort module. But I don't think thats right.

I really don't want to have to pull all the fuses out and replace them.

The windows recieve power from a pair of thermal fuses, however there is a "trigger" feed which runs to the central locking pump, which needs to be live for the windows to operate.

Given its all four, i'd suspect this trigger feed is the issue, perhaps due to a faulty central locking pump, or the pump not recieving the 86S feed from the ignition switch.

Does the car lock/unlock as expected? Do the interior lights come on when you unlock, then go off immediately when you turn the ignition on?

It must be that. The central locking wasnt working so the pump was removed. Then a few days later realised the windows stopped working. Odd that they control each other! So I need to replace the pump and it will hopefully all start working again!

Cheers!

Are they interchangable from other models like mk4 golf / boras etc?