AM reception on the concert radio

ritmark

Reaction score
I listen to Radio 5 a lot whilst driving - mainly for the sport and I have found the signal deteriorate over the past couple of years

I have added a booster between the main power supply and the standard s3 concert stereo but things have not improved

I tried an alternativer aerial ( borrowed one of a BMW that fit) - no difference

Are there some additional parts which are replaceable which might help ?

I am not sure if their are any boosters elsewhere that might have failed

AM should have nothing to do with the external aerial, should be the coil inside the radio, sorry to hear it but maybe it's time to get that nice aftermarket stereo you've been promissing yourself!

DOH - I was just recently stung £160 by an audio shop to replace the processor after it started crackiling when changing the volume so I plan to keep the one I have for the moment

Sounds like I am stuck with it

My AM reception packed in completely and Audi fixed it under warranty. They replaced a faulty aerial - not sure if it was external or internal.

The AM aeriel on my Concert was internal, and it packed up. Best thing that could have happened, as it acted as the catalyst for a complete swap-out. I now have an Alpine HU & Kenwood speakers all round. Still pretty modest compared with some of the great install you'll see on here, but a zillion times better that the Fisher Price inspired OEM kit