****** Audi electrics

f13ldy

Reaction score
I thought Alfa Romeos were bad (I had a GTV). But I'm sick and tired of all the dodgy electronic issues I've had in the last 6 months.

- Instrument cluster doesn't work in the cold (maybe bad solder joint??)

- Alarm goes off randomly - its now sitting in my company carpark unlocked/unarmed

- Amplified aerial failed

The car is just 4 years old so am I just unlucky??

Carlos

Don't know mate I had the instruments fail too and my car is just 3 years old!!!!!!

A few people have had the same thing.

I think you must be unlucky!
My 5 year old A3 is in perfect condition in the electronics department... apart from DIS has a couple of lines missing...
Generally, audis are going to be better than most makes. Percentage wise. But there will always be a percentage that continually go wrong I guess.

(I sometimes think about getting a GTV, but then get scared by the potential nightmare I might have with it)

just incase u didnt no i about 99% certain audi will pay 50% towards dash replacment due to to fading dis on good will. could b wrong but if it really bothers u 50% is probably a couple of hundred bats.

If you get a GTV make sure you opt for the spare engine bundle, you'll need it.

lol, would that be the Fiat engine bundle

The problem is that there are no companies out there who fix clusters.. the only solution is a swap out, which wil cost the best part of a grand (inc. fitting and coding).

But I might try the Audi UK route because it is ridiculous that this should happen to a 4 year old car. And it is not just me but many other Audi owners (especially TTs which also have the Jaeger instrument cluster). When you trawl through the forums it always ends up as a replacement on warranty, but for me it is out of warranty.

Carlos

I noticed once that my door locks wasnt flashing, turned out to be the passenger( missus) door wasnt shut properly, hopes this helps anyone else, simple error, women hey!! tut