Help needed - 1 Warning Sound on start up!

Sevv

Pushing the limits..
Reaction score
Well guys havent driven the S3 (amk) in around 5 days went to work and back, i stop at a petrol station put some fuel in come to start it again and i get 1 beep , i know i have recently changed the front brakes to tarox 6pots and need to fix the brake pad sensor.. i do have also a coolant leak under pressure from the coolant temp sensor housing however its being fixed this week.. but i really dont know why it would do the sound i checked the coolant level and engine oil level which looked healthy.

i should also say that it does it randomly sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt so im assuming its intermitnent... it only happens on start and is only "one -beep" not three.

im also sorry if this has been covered but i could only find the 3 beep warning signal and i dont have my manual.

would really appreciate any advice as im quite worried about driving the car at the moment..

quick update: went down a few minutes ago and the brake pad sensor on , and topped up coolant and the single beep is gone ill try to take the car to a garage to give it a quick scan but any advise from experience would be great please:happy:

If any of the DIS warning symbols are on such as brake pad, low fuel, low washer fluid etc then you get one beep when turning on the ignition. If you know your brake pad wear indicator is on then that will be causing the beep.

ah okay so is that why? lol i sound like such a noob.. its cause i upgraded the brakes and the new brake kit didnt come with a brake pad sensor but i have chopped it off and hooked it up and now the yellow brake pad light in the middle of the dash is gone. =]

awesome yeah there is none, i got worried as it would do it on an on/off bassis it had a mind of its own it woldnt do it every time i turned the ignition on thats why got me spooked :p

I hate it when the washer fluid goes low as it starts beeping at you randomly but the light isnt always on until it gets really low so you end up wondering why its beeped ! LOL

yeah exactly i was soo worried was like OMG not AGAIN *** hehe... but you have made me rest assured all i have to do is go for a drive tomorrow again and see if the issue is resolved.