WMI installation

Paradox1

Reaction score
ok so i got my wmi kit a few weeks ago. Ive decided to mount the pump and tank in the boost as its out way. this is how it looks so far
IMAG0227.jpg

with a hose from the tank to the pump connected, i then started to run the hose through the car from the pump as so.

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

i havent done the wiring yet as im not too sure whats the best route is to go. the plan was to run the wires from the pump to the amp over here

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

few questions though, where would the checkvalve go? isit between the pump and the injection nozzle??

also the controller needs to be connected to the wires on the pump which can all be connected from the boot. but there is also a boost nozzle on the controller

IMAG0229.jpg

im sure there must be a easier way than running a hose the the dv or another boost source??

even though the nozzle isnt mounted into the intercooler pipe yet, i ran the hose through the grommet through the firewall like so

IMAG0233-1.jpg

IMAG0234-1.jpg

any help or pics would be great.

nice mate i want one just dreading instailing it and what goes where as i dont have the pashians

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!"!

ORANGE INJECTION HOSE!!!!!!!

I need this in my life!

Looks like an old AEM kit pre integrated check valve Marty, where did you find that one?

It sounds like you're looking to install the controller in the boot, is that correct? The issues I'd see with that are, you will have to run a vacuum line unsquished the whole way to the boot, and you'll also have to bring the wires for the LED right forward to wire it in so you know when it's active or there is a fault.

What controller is it that you have? is it that little block thing on the red vac line? if so I'm guessing it's not a progressive kit. Does it have an output LED at all?

As for the check valve, seeing as my kit has the check valve integrated into the nozzle, I think it's safe to assume the valve goes just before the nozzle!

Reading this has made me excited about going home and experimenting with mine and different nozzle sizes now! haha

Wow early bird is here lol. Yeah I got the kit from tony 696 of here. It's a stage 1 cooling mist kit, with a boost switch. No idea where he got the orange hose from but would prefer red but o well. Coul I t-piece of boost line behind the dash and link that to the boost switch? Come with no led or controller so will have to wire in a light and a on /off switch so I know what its doing

I would imagine you have to wire in a relay to switch the pump from that pressure switch... the pumps draw around 10/15amps... a microswitch isn't rated at that typically... so wire a 20 or 30 amp relay in using the pressure switch to switch it and take the feed to the pump from the permanent lives under the dash on the drivers side... make sure you fuse it too... the pressure switch can be wired under the dash with the relay especially if you already have a boost gauge as you can 't' off that...

<tuffty/>

Oh how I love wiring, i see what you mean tuffty, I have a 25 amp fuse so would I still need a 20or 30 amp relay? I'm not hot on electrics so bare with me

Oh how I love wiring, i see what you mean tuffty, I have a 25 amp fuse so would I still need a 20or 30 amp relay? I'm not hot on electrics so bare with me

Yes... the pressure switch prob won't last long having 15amps through it... you use the pressure switch to switch the relay... the pressure switch then only sees a small amount of current from keeping the relay engaged (milliamps rather than amps) and you use the 25amp fused feed to be switched by the relay to the motor... although I would be tempted to use a 20amp fuse instead...

Make sure you use wire rated to at least 20amps for the motor wiring run

<tuffty/>

Yes... the pressure switch prob won't last long having 15amps through it... you use the pressure switch to switch the relay... the pressure switch then only sees a small amount of current from keeping the relay engaged (milliamps rather than amps) and you use the 25amp fused feed to be switched by the relay to the motor... although I would be tempted to use a 20amp fuse instead...

Make sure you use wire rated to at least 20amps for the motor wiring run

<tuffty/>

cheers mate, just been out looking at it all and ive decided i will mount the pump in the front, maybe tucked in the front passenger footwell but obviously lower than the tank. this way i wont have far to run wires and it also much closer to t-piece of the boost guage

cheers mate, just been out looking at it all and ive decided i will mount the pump in the front, maybe tucked in the front passenger footwell but obviously lower than the tank. this way i wont have far to run wires and it also much closer to t-piece of the boost guage

Pump needs to be close to the tank... the switch and relay can be done at the front then run 1 30amp wire to the back for the pump... earth the pump in the boot... simples

<tuffty/>

Check out this item I found on eBay:

12V Spotlight Foglight Worklight Wiring Kit 30 amp Relay

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Spotlight-Foglight-Worklight-Wiring-Kit-30-amp-Relay-/290700779813

(Sent from eBay Mobile for Android)

Something like this tuffty? I know its for fogs but I'm sure I could use the wire to extend the wire from the pump as its pretty short. I can also ground the pump atbthe same place as the sub, just under the boot carpet.

In that case I can keep the pump in the same places.

Cheers tuffty, your a huge help. Is there anything you don't know :)

Check out this item I found on eBay:

12V Spotlight Foglight Worklight Wiring Kit 30 amp Relay

Link: 12V Spotlight Foglight Worklight Wiring Kit 30 amp Relay | eBay

(Sent from eBay Mobile for Android)

Something like this tuffty? I know its for fogs but I'm sure I could use the wire to extend the wire from the pump as its pretty short. I can also ground the pump atbthe same place as the sub, just under the boot carpet.

In that case I can keep the pump in the same places.

Sorta but 2m seems far too short and ideally you don't want to be joining lengths of cable as it introduces points that can fail and adds to the potential for voltage drop...

Try...
5m RED 2.5mm 30A 12v AUTO CABLE CAR WIRING LOOM WIRE AUTOMOTIVE MARINE BOAT | eBay

and...
12Volt 30Amp Car FUSED RELAY SPOTLAMPS ON OFF | eBay

Cheers tuffty, your a huge help.

Welcome...

Is there anything you don't know :)

Lots :)

<tuffty/>