S3 annoying squeeke/rattle inside *with video*

Greig300

Reaction score
Recently started to develop this annoying noise. It's inside mainly on the left side. Cannot be heard outside its been confirmed its not anything mechanical under the car. My brother who is a mechanic said it may be the heater box under the dash. I'd need to wait until Monday to get a proper diag. Wondering if anyone had any other ideas? The climate control on the car does not effect the sound.

S3 noise - YouTube

Recently started to develop this annoying noise. It's inside mainly on the left side. Cannot be heard outside its been confirmed its not anything mechanical under the car. My brother who is a mechanic said it may be the heater box under the dash. I'd need to wait until Monday to get a proper diag. Wondering if anyone had any other ideas? The climate control on the car does not effect the sound.

S3 noise - YouTube

Hi Greg,
I had a very similiar noise.
its an easy fix if its the same, just remove the glove box to get to the heater fan, you will probably find that a piece of sound deadening has come loose and being sucked into the roataing fan hence the noise. trim it up job done..
Regards Ian.