Turbo oil pipe

HOTTIGGER

Reaction score
hi all im having a s/h turbo fitted to my 1999 s3 210bhp engine code apy tuesday, the meachine adviced me to buy a new turbo oil return pipe/line, does any 1 no where to buy 1? and a rough price? or a part number would be great. thanks in advance..

part number is 06A 145 735 J and is listed at £73.66 on a dated version of etka, just double check part number but mines showing its correct for APY/AMK

Think you will find your mechanic means a new oil feed pipe rather than the oil drain... the oil feed pipe is known to block over time...

<tuffty/>

no m8 he defo said oil return not oil feed ,
thanks
Think you will find your mechanic means a new oil feed pipe rather than the oil drain... the oil feed pipe is known to block over time...

<tuffty/>

no m8 he defo said oil return not oil feed ,
thanks

Did he say why? never heard of an issue with these... always the feed pipe... I would double check as he may have mistakenly said that...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: HOTTIGGER
no m8 he dint say why, he just said oil return, i would have thought new oil feed aswell. thanks

Did he say why? never heard of an issue with these... always the feed pipe... I would double check as he may have mistakenly said that...

<tuffty/>

Oil feed goes from the front of the oil filter housing to the top of the turbo and looks a bit like this...
partsfs020.jpg

Oil drain goes from the bottom of the turbo to the bottom of the sump at the back and looks a bit like this on the engine..
IMG_20111224_155134.jpg

...and this off the engine...
IMG_20120102_140629.jpg

I would double check and get your mechanic to point out the bit he is on about..

<tuffty/>

thanks for the pictures and help m8, nice 1,, ill defo ask him in the morning thanks again.