Logs I did for Bill Badger 5 with my hybrid set up.

S3 Paul

Reaction score
After Seeing the issues Dave had with his Hybrid set up...
It started to bother me that mine can and does do some strange things but pulls ok...
In the RS tuning thread Dave started Bill mentioned some measuring blocks to log...
Here are my logs in 3rd of these units... can somebody check them over please ?
To me they look slightly worrying
LogforAsport2.jpg

LogforAsport1.jpg

LogforAsport1-1.jpg

Last edited:
First thing I've spotted is in your first spreadsheet. Fuelling is lean at the top of the rev range on boost. You have an AFR of 10 where the map is requesting a 13. This suggests to me that the fuel pump is struggling at the top end.

What injectors do you have Paul and do you have an inline pump fitted?

Sorry, it looks like ive cocked up and double posted one log.
I will try and find the third

I dont have an inline pump .
I had a problem about a year back with my fueling... so fitted a new standard pump. Relogged and all seemed well.
Im using standard injectors and a 4bar FPR

i would be wondering why the throttle is pulling back and closing at 4800rpm on last logs..... boost deviation at same time (more actual than request at same kind of time stamp)

fueling wise, the logs are short to see any stable sort of requests... but uts 3rd gear and high speed so I understand its not going to be easy doing 4th gear run

logging 001 and 002 and 031 on a longer pull would show how well the fueling is doing... and if the maps having to adapt a lot to achieve its tgt fueling request...

the car pulls well ( probably to be expected if its lean )
The boost can spike to nearly 30psi ! but i kind of have to drive ina given way to make it do this.
Since bill checked my logs with new pump ive changed 2 things ( nothing major) ive done the N249 delete and fitted a Jetex cone filter,
Hen things like this get highlighted i stop loving the car,
Until now its been good,
Ive fitted an AFR gauge for peace of mind, A local tuner mentioned it was a little lean at full tilt, I posted up what numbers i was getting and tuffty said they are fine?
Sorry, just read your post... im running rich?

Would an uphill pull be better? i struggle to find a road thats quiet and straight enough to burry to the red line...
If need be i could pay to use a mates dyno ? but he isnt a vag man so other than what you tell me im flying blind

Would an uphill pull be better? i struggle to find a road thats quiet and straight enough to burry to the red line...
If need be i could pay to use a mates dyno ? but he isnt a vag man so other than what you tell me im flying blind

uphill yes.. and 4th ideally..

which blocks did I say... I cant find that post... you have done a few but not many of them I think

Take it down morrisona bypass utpo hoyland mate, thats nice and lengthy

Bill...
You surgested
003 115 118
002 020 031
003 112 118

Sorry i think in the dark and heavy rain we got a little mixed up and missed one set of blocks,
Dan
Ive run the car there many times in my dafter years but its such a hot spot for police these days. no end of people i know have had there cars towed away by them.

Bill, you mentioned the throttle looking like it shut off half way into a pull,
Im not sure if hitting a big patch of standing water would make the Haldex system shut off the gas slightly? or my balls shrunk a little?

Ive spoke to the company i know localy that mainly do Jap cars ( i do some CNC work for them ) and the owner is happy to let me pull a few runs on his dyno as a favour, Im unsure yet if the road is better but i will log again whatever you need to see,
Many thanks all.

What about the grimy bypass? Thats pig free! Trust me i know haha

Up near Sash?
Ive only been on there once.
Also need a co piolot for these trips

No up near morrisons, near sash on grimy bypass is too flat but should benok, if you need a need hand drop me a text mate.

Bill...
You surgested
003 115 118
002 020 031
003 112 118

ok ta for the reminder..
if fueling (or pump) is suspected... then log 001 as well as 031 and 115 so if its having to dial in a higher % on 001 to achieve the requested fueling on 031 you will see it

dyno runs would be fine (and safer) to do longer pulls - I use 5th here

Well if you need a hand mate let me know and ill log while you drive.