k04 manifold

Audakas

Reaction score
Hi my xs power manifold just craked again 3rd time after re welding 2 times im sick of it. shall i stick whit original k04 manifold or go for expensive jbs wondering what advantages i would have?

Hi my xs power manifold just craked again 3rd time after re welding 2 times im sick of it. shall i stick whit original k04 manifold or go for expensive jbs wondering what advantages i would have?

Version 1 or version 2
cracked where exactly?

XS/Relentless mani's have been cracking for a long time Neil... its not unique to prawn...

hoping V2 is going to be more robust.... but...... time will tell on that score

XS/Relentless mani's have been cracking for a long time Neil... its not unique to prawn...

hoping V2 is going to be more robust.... but...... time will tell on that score

That may be the case Bill but there's a lot of these manis on cars now and the reports of them cracking haven't been that common. Especially not on here and especially not 3 times!

Not version 2's...yet. V1's plenty.

Still not sure which version here has cracked though. Hoping v1.

That may be the case Bill but there's a lot of these manis on cars now and the reports of them cracking haven't been that common. Especially not on here and especially not 3 times!

V2's have not been running on cars very long yet............

fingers crossed of course but......

3 times on the same manifold is meaningless though westy, as a repaired weld is never going to be as good as te original, so it'll always go again

If they were welded with rod that is, the V1s looked to have a lot of there joins fused in with no rod,,, to make them look pretty no doubt...

thing is Dave... so are the V2's in many joins. Fusion only welding is fine if back purged and fully penetrative which they are'nt. I used to make coriolis mass flow meters which were C22 or 316L tubular instruments, which we orbitally welded.... 100% penetration, perfect fusion only welds. Post weld vacuum annealed however to normalise the materials and welds.. On tensile tests when I qualified the weld process, the tubes would break everywhere except the weld joint.

I have had 3 relentless manifolds sent here in last 2 weeks.... for welding before fitting. fusion welds on the runners, and some filler on the collector area seems the norm. they have gone "tink" "tink" when welding... from localised expansion. Hope they work ok in service. Fitted 2 to 2 cars in the last 2 weeks also.. PIA that they are to fit, lol

I think we're all hoping they hold out a reasonable time..... but I am realistic that their construction methods dont help that cause.. but am happily proved wrong, as they flow very well.

Last edited:
I suspect that they will crack if subjected to insane temperatures with regularity.

Many users seem to be cranking up their maps and perhaps going too aggressive.

Anyone having their car tuned without someone really knowing what they are doing are at risk with this part, it's as simple as that.

We've been closely monitoring the temperature on mine because it was running was too hot, but I've been checking it almost weekly for 4 months. I doubt whether many others will be able to be so thorough.

i abuse my car aswell but only sometimes. but i think that v1 not to sure. but when i fitted after three weeks. its cracked re welded again another couple weeks cracked an fact i have a turbo timer set all the time to let the turbo cool down whit manifold im really disappointed probably gonna use the standard manifold.