Haldex oil change cockup!

vfr800

Reaction score
Hi

I put the car on ramps and changed the haldex filter and oil, the job was pretty easy, didn't lose much oil when I put the new plug and washer on.

Torqued it up to 15nm as per the manual.
Cleaned the area afterwards to look for leaks and noticed this :sob: :banghead: :shrug: :wtf:

7217093966_a57221722a_c.jpg

New washer time?

Has this happened to anyone before?

Should I drop the oil and put in a known amount again seeing as I'll lose a bit more if I change the washer?

Help?

I know there is supposed to be a torque applied to most things but common sense should prevail here realistically... last haldex plug that got torqued up I know of resulted in stripped threads...

The torque arguably applies when its all new and shiny but once over a certain age and of course after its been off a few times then tbh torquing the plug up is less appealing... you get a better feel doing it by hand tbh...

Doesn't look like its leaking yet

<tuffty/>

Thanks. Now I know! :)

I went for a bit of a drive on a short loop and it's weeping slightly.

It's a shame the GSF I'm in walking distance of doesn't sell the sump plug or washer :(

Liam

Why not get a suitable penny copper washer and change it ? Halfords do a wide selection and i'm sure you an get a decent selection from a plumbase or good plumber supplier ! As per above post, i trust my hand more than i trust a calibrated torque wrench !