Badger5 - With or without their induction kit?

Really must get myself one of these, seeing the stats again shows how much performance for pounds you get.

Chris.

Anyone have any vids with obe of these fitted and an open jetex. Keep hearing how great they sound and ive still not heard one. Might help close a few sales to?? Daz

I'll record mine for ya pal, i've got one of those mini keychain cameras, i'll strap it to the heatshield or something ;) lol

This is the filter the last owner fitted. not sure if its any good, but i know im suffering in hot weather.

is it normal to have such a huge differences in boost/power (from hot to cold.)

Cant wait to fit the B5

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried discussing that earlier heh. One of the original runs was at 3c or something.

Anyway, I think the general feeling is that the whole setup is good (for sound alone!) and will definitely gain you some power/torque. How much will vary from car to car of course.

hows these apples for you.... seeing you have a bee in your bonnet re temps...
Danes V1 3" smaller TIP
DynoIT%20-%20D4NEU-std-tip-3inch-tip.jpg

d4neu-s3-std-tip-3inch-tip.jpg

gains are gains... and the dip in torque on 3" is not present on the larger 80mm bore V2 tips

enjoy

Thanks Bill but I wasn't doubting the TIP at all just questioning the validity of testing the stock airbox versus a cone filter with the bonnet open and very low ambient temps. That clearly struck a nerve with some. I don't want to get into a keyboard battle about it so I'll leave it be and go back to my corner. I'm more than happy with the Jetex and B5 setup. If I wasn't, I'd run the stock airbox!

Thanks Bill but I wasn't doubting the TIP at all just questioning the validity of testing the stock airbox versus a cone filter with the bonnet open and very low ambient temps. That clearly struck a nerve with some. I don't want to get into a keyboard battle about it so I'll leave it be and go back to my corner. I'm more than happy with the Jetex and B5 setup. If I wasn't, I'd run the stock airbox!

you can question the validity of the testing as much as you like, Fact remains you will not find any other TIP which has had as much testing done on it, by me but more so by the 100's (literally) of happy users. More so the information is spread across dozens of user threads on many forums...

I will stick with my Din Corrected Dyno results measured in a controlled environment over dozens of cars over and above some vagcom logs done on the road..

The results correlate.... more airflow, more power and torque.. which is Satisfying for me as the originator of it.

I am touchy about people picking fault.... I wont be changing my attitude however :p

Did you know.... Badgers follow the same path every night when they leave den to forage. :whistle2:

Reactions: Buzzer
Bill, I wasn't picking fault and definitely not with the TIP. Might pay to read before blowing your top :) I'm not doubting the tip. More the air filter on the end of it. But whatever, I give up.

Bill, I wasn't picking fault and definitely not with the TIP. Might pay to read before blowing your top :) I'm not doubting the tip. More the air filter on the end of it. But whatever, I give up.

blowing my top... lmao, hardly

you have'nt ever seen a badge en-raged :p

doubting the filter on the end of it? you get more weird with your posts..........
I also Give up with you. I do read..
Pointless discussion with you.

Whatever.. indeed

have a nice day

G'Day... :D

Is this argument still going?

I tested the V1 TIP at B5 on his rollers with a standard box then Jetex and we saw big gains. Ok the gains might not be identicle on the road but as others have stated there should be more air being forced in on road conditions.

Lets just put this to bed shall we :)

Been debating the jetex for about 2 years now...as I envidage only a nominal performance improvement and always been a cold air fan with these engines but thread has re-ignited my interest.

We are talking minimal bhp increase then....but the noise i imagine under power would probably sound great. Has anyone got a video of the engine noise on the S3 with the jetex in place?

I ran a K&N filter kit on am mx5 once and i loved the noise (did little for the speed - that was down to the engine timing)....will this produce somthing similar?

Could be something to get done when i finally head to Bill's.

Been debating the jetex for about 2 years now...as I envidage only a nominal performance improvement and always been a cold air fan with these engines but thread has re-ignited my interest.

We are talking minimal bhp increase then....but the noise i imagine under power would probably sound great. Has anyone got a video of the engine noise on the S3 with the jetex in place?

I ran a K&N filter kit on am mx5 once and i loved the noise (did little for the speed - that was down to the engine timing)....will this produce somthing similar?

Could be something to get done when i finally head to Bill's.
it will never sound like a N/A engine with an induction kit.
but sounds like a loud sucking. like a hoover when you put your hand over the end slightly.
its not annoying at all, its nice to know whats going on and have sounds to monitor when you are giving it the beans.
with your hybrid you might find good gains switching to a large open cone

westys gains as he's posted are realistic and what I have seen several times...
noise is a bit of a growl but not n/a type.... more induction hissing and wooshing.. :p

I have to be honest, on my old A3 I had a K&N (on their before I got it) and I thought the noise was too much, but since having this A3 with a stock airbox and paper filter, I miss the cone filter induction noise. Like Karl says, is sounds like a sucking noise and is quite addictive.

what's the best way to mount....within custom modifield airbox or in a new heatshield.

Does this make any difference at all to the cold air feed and subsequent and subjective performance gains?

Jim I used to be of the same thinking mate. I rocked up to Bills with my B5 TIP fitted to a standard airbox that had been smoothed and had green cotton filter. We did a run then fitted a Jetex cone, did a 2nd run and got around 10bhp increase. Was shocked at the results, I think Bill was too.

what's the best way to mount....within custom modifield airbox or in a new heatshield.

Does this make any difference at all to the cold air feed and subsequent and subjective performance gains?
dpends what look you want to go for.
heatsheild is easy and no cutting required like the stock box.

dont worry about dam temperatures. thats what your intercooler is for! people dont get that

My K&N was just on a bracket, but when I fit a cone filter it will be in a heat shield. If I wasn't getting my FMIC fitted, I'd keep it looking standard and go for a custom airbox but the a3 fmic pipes mean that you can see its not standard under the bonnet :(

I suppose it really depends on how you want your engine bay to look, and if you do go airbox, how good a feed you can get to it..