Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Show us your stance.

6th Gear

Status
    Oh dear... E38 has now come on here,
    I can and have given my car the scene stance... 2 problems...
    1 i use it daily so on uk roads it just didnt work
    2 The increased wear on the tyres and poor ride/ handling wasnt for me.
    If a cars main goal is to look nice and make OTHERS talk about how nice it is... why bother with the increased cost and trouble of starting with a car with a awd system thats not a fan of sitting silly low?
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    Bloody hell it's all going off in here, Now look what you gone and done dark ****e !!! Still no pic of yr motor yet ????
    Hang on mate, why am i getting the blame for this and your taking shots at me??? As i stated my car is very similar to most of those that have posted on here but in my opinion they do not have what is commonly known as stance!!

The word stance is mainly used now within the show scene which has equated it to having the wheel either tucked or poked with a varied tyre fitment with the body either flush to the tyre or rim. I wasnt taking shots at anyone at all, i was just having an opinon but apparently thats not allowed

Ive always been into the show scene with VWs but switched to the Audi and was directed to this forum as being a friendly free minded place, but if this thread is anything to go by, ill piss off back to ED38

for all to see and prove that I do indeed have an A3 similar to most of these:

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for taking the time to post your pictures folks

There are some great looking cars here and put my little a3 to shame lol, but it's all good, I love my car and it will be with me for good so it's an ongoing, although very slow project

By stance I meant cars that are lowered and have that wide look about them using wheel spacers as I am on the lookout for spacers for my own car, and thought this thread would help me out...

Danman, looks good mate, get it lowered, you will be happy then I think

Dane, Nice rs4 there, looks fat, and the s3 I have never seen that picture before Pic whore lol

Sam, Nice looking car mate

Reesy, quattro crew, looking good mate, must get me one of those boot spoilers at some point.

Alex C, Nice mate.

Liquids3, seen your car before mate and it's a beaut.

S3 Hoggy, very nice mate.

Prawn, seen your car at R-tech, its a beast... love picture No2 of it, looks fat in that pic but you have no spacers iirc, it's the tyres that make it look wide. Ps your old car that Frenchman now owns... what spacers where on the rear of that mate as that looks about the wideness I want on my a3. Cheers.

Neru, very nice mate, what spacers do you have on the front,looks good.

Jojo, very nice,looked best with the twists on imo.

S3 Paul, very nice mate and original with those rims.

Tuffty, cheers mate, looks good.

Jimgrimm77, lookng good and a beast by the looks of whats under the bonnet.

Superkarl, looks mean mate with the centrecaps off and wide too.

S3_Pricey Nice example there, cheers.

Westy, nice picture the first one, looks good with those rims.

S3 Dave looking deadly mate.

Voorhees, nice mate, cheers.

Jay1601, looking good apart from the lack of tyre gel, lol.

Slowcoach, looks good and yeah I recon it will look better once you get the rear a bit wider.

s3 Kev, woah thats sick man, nice one,dude.

Damo.h love the colour, you're in Blackburn aint you, I pass this car once a week on my my rounds.

Andya3turbo, quattro crew, get it lowered mate, they handle well standard, but once lowered wow just wow lol, i really throw mine around now, love it!!!

P.s I have just ordered my audi-sport stickers so if you see me about give me a flash lol.
    Last edited by markthenewt; 19th May 2012 at 20:29.
    A3 quattro Sport

Forge 007p Pipercross panel filter R-Tech stage one map (213BHP)
    Oil catch can mod, SIA delete, EGR valve delete. Forge EGR delete plate.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    ^^I like this guy already, he looked and replied at every post!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

1st Gear

Status
    Haha thanks jojo, I thought it would be rude not to reply being as you you all took the time to reply to me.

I would like them all with the like button too, but for some reason it's not showing, maybe it's a google chrome thing.
    A3 quattro Sport

Forge 007p Pipercross panel filter R-Tech stage one map (213BHP)
    Oil catch can mod, SIA delete, EGR valve delete. Forge EGR delete plate.

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

Ive always been into the show scene with VWs but switched to the Audi and was directed to this forum as being a friendly free minded place, but if this thread is anything to go by, ill piss off back to ED38
    see i used to use this site all the time a few years ago but found it to be quite the opposite which is why i very rarely come on here now i have no time for most people on here there far to judgemental but its ok if you have ttrs alloys and std ride hight by looks of.

As for the other comment here comes edition38? if thats aimed at me thats funny, why because i have a show car i must use e38 all the time lol, my post count on there is 128 compared to my post count on here of 1934.. most from about 2 years ago though. id rather go out and enjoy my car these days then spend all my time talking about how great iam

6th Gear

Status
    Kev,
    With all the respect in the world for your car ( as a show car i like it ) most of the members on here use their cars on a daily basis. The looks of most cars on here isnt down to following a narrow minded route to conform with whats allowed,
    Its a tried and tested selection of mods. Each person does what they want, The only personal taste thing ive ever seen slated was trying to make an 8L car into an 8P.
    ED38 has been mentioned a couple of times... because thats a more show car forum. Your drawn into the fold if you have a real money show car, I know this i tried, posted pictures of all three of my cars and met with next to no intrest as they didnt have "stance" and borring wheels,
    Each to their own , Use whatever forum suites you and the car the best
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

6th Gear

Status
    Will be raising it up a bit shortly once if decided on a solution to do so for the front as is as high as it will currently go on the coilovers

Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    Kev,
    With all the respect in the world for your car ( as a show car i like it ) most of the members on here use their cars on a daily basis. The looks of most cars on here isnt down to following a narrow minded route to conform with whats allowed,
    Its a tried and tested selection of mods. Each person does what they want, The only personal taste thing ive ever seen slated was trying to make an 8L car into an 8P.
    ED38 has been mentioned a couple of times... because thats a more show car forum. Your drawn into the fold if you have a real money show car, I know this i tried, posted pictures of all three of my cars and met with next to no intrest as they didnt have "stance" and borring wheels,
    Each to their own , Use whatever forum suites you and the car the best
    Just from having a show car and no longer using it as a daily dosent mean im only ever on ed38 though lol. I very rarely use any forum's these days I have little interest in posting about my car tbh i don't rearly like build threads as when im doing stuff to my car i personally can't be bothered to take photos every 5 mins. I have a lot of the tried and tested stuff on my s3 thats come from this very forum.
    I'd say this is my 'home forum' tbh but seems im not in the fold as my cars not a daily and is a show car?? its still very functional and does get a thrasing quite a bit, i don't run 295bhp and still drive it like my 6n polo.
    By everyone mostly using the tried and tested stuff on here is'nt far from 'the narrow minded' show car stuff though there is still going to be a trend. My car certinally dos'nt follow the show trend just because i have air ride. Show cars built by certin companys are the 'trend' not home grown stuff like mine i have far to much of a mod list for most seeing as its all about wheels and air and a fancy interior for show cars thats all.

Bwah

Status
    Stance!? what a load of old bawlocks!

Slightly higher at the back than the front... but not too low

that's ALL you need

jesus, wheels tucked under arches and tower of pisa camber!?

5th Gear

Status
    here mine not the best pic only ones tho

350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

1st Gear

Status
    no spacers at all 19"x8.5 ET 35

Down under

Status
    Oh, so stance means mad low and low offset. I get it. Well this ought to do it:

Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

6th Gear

Status
    I`ve got an A4 so i`ll make this relevant to me..

The commonly known look when the word stance comes into play can simply do one. Its almost as bad as what "ratlook" was and when you have a "ratlook" stanced car then it deserves to be burned!

Give me this:

Over this:

Any day of the week thanks!

Also one of the many reasons i love this forum is because there arent bucket loads of people doing that sort of thing slagging off everyone that isnt scraping the deck, theres a good variety of tastes and people arent too judgemental and aggressive towards things they dont approve of. Reason why when i had my Civic i hated the local Honda club after a while because it went this way, started to become too heavy on airbags, being low as possible, massive camber. Hence why they went across to doing ED38 shows and my car no longer fitted in with their "scene"
    chris1008 likes this.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Bwah

Status
    I must admit, when I see on here, some S3's and standard A3 models completely 'boyed' up it does make me think about what i've bought and what kind of impression these cars are going to get now. I guess when they become cheap and accessible to younger people, there will be the inevitability that a select some will completely mong their cars up! The show us your stickers thread a prime example with the A3 guy... jesus!

Don't get me wrong, there are some lovely, clean, OEM styled S3's on here! but all this sticker hoarding, airbag lowering, wonky donkey camber 'crooze' mobile stuff, makes me shudder!

maybe its my age! (32)

Keep it OEM and keep it classy!

Last edited by Schlaag; 22nd May 2012 at 13:19.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    im 24 and i think its ridiculous.

King of the Mods. Apparently.

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    I'm 20 and think it looks stupid as well

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I'm 25 and agree, although not as stupid as the whole cuddly toy hanging from your rear tow bar look
    chris1008 likes this.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    I'm 20 and think it looks stupid as well
    No need to show off you gits
    S3 Paul likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    I`ve got an A4 so i`ll make this relevant to me..

The commonly known look when the word stance comes into play can simply do one. Its almost as bad as what "ratlook" was and when you have a "ratlook" stanced car then it deserves to be burned!

Give me this:

Over this:

Any day of the week thanks!

Also one of the many reasons i love this forum is because there arent bucket loads of people doing that sort of thing slagging off everyone that isnt scraping the deck, theres a good variety of tastes and people arent too judgemental and aggressive towards things they dont approve of. Reason why when i had my Civic i hated the local Honda club after a while because it went this way, started to become too heavy on airbags, being low as possible, massive camber. Hence why they went across to doing ED38 shows and my car no longer fitted in with their "scene"
    I'm with you on this one - because at the end of the day I want to be "Able" to Drive" my car & not just look at it.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Now now guys, there's always room for stance'd cars, there aren't that many Audi's compared to VeeDubs when it comes to stance! You would have noticed that people are looking into Audi's, as they are just better looking than their VW counterparts, and as mentioned above, they are getting affordable now also.

My next mod on my S3 is to lower the front end a bit more, am I looking for stance? lol

Bwah

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Now now guys, there's always room for stance'd cars
    Of course there is room... plenty of McDonalds car parks these days!

2nd Gear

Status
    Reading this thread was hilarious - who would have thought that such a simple and friendly idea would start World War 3?

As far as I'm concerned, it's each to their own - some people absolutely love the Euro 'Super-Low' look, others prefer to set their cars up with performance and handling in mind. Everybody is completely entitled to their opinion, just as everyone has their own preference and style, so how about we actually use the forum for the purpose it was intended, and appreciate each others interests and hard work instead of having a go at each other?

Anyway, here's my 'Stance'...

Setup is AP Coilovers all round (Rear Adjusters removed), Forge Adjustable Rear Tie Bars and Forge 16mm Rear and 10mm Front Spacers

I'm very happy with the setup - handles stupidly well, and, after a fair bit of work and adjustment, finally sits exactly how I wanted it to.
    Q-spot and justarn like this.

1st Gear

Status

Unhappy

Those S3 bumpers looks so much better, sorry about the bad quality, taken 5 min ago with my awful phone.

H&R Cup Kit (35mm drop)

Last edited by anderswhk; 22nd May 2012 at 22:50.

K4OXE

Status
    wow there are some awesome pics here!!

jojo- how many sets of wheels do you want?? got any spare for me?? haha

westy- what inch are those TT wheels? i really like them

heres mine standard!!!

and just a little dig at the guys slateing 'stance' 'scene' ect... whats the point in creating a massive arguement about it? i love the way that yellow one looks, wouldnt personally spend all that money to do it, but some one has and im pretty sure most people will agree with me it looks good. just my 2 pence worth
    Silver S3 02 AMK
    !!!!STANDARD S3 EXHAUST FOR SALE!!!!
    PM FOR DETAILS
    click here for
    IN AND AROUND THE M25 RING MEETS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxie View Post
    westy- what inch are those TT wheels? i really like them
    Cheers knoxie, you're one of the only people on here that have said they like them. They're just a stop gap set of wheels until I get some light multi spoke ones.

The wheels are 17" 7.5J ET 32 exactly the same as the S3 wheels. I quite like them in black as they make the car look quite track orientated but I'm still not 100% sure about them on the S3
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

K4OXE

Status
    i do like them, you dont really see many with them on, im after something that is different to the s3 wheels, i do like the s4 wheels but im slowly going off the 18in look, wouldnt mind some lightweigh wheel but they are ££££££££ haha

you must only be 20mins max away from me, is there anymore 8l owners around our way?
    Silver S3 02 AMK
    PM FOR DETAILS
    click here for

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxie View Post
    i do like them, you dont really see many with them on, im after something that is different to the s3 wheels, i do like the s4 wheels but im slowly going off the 18in look, wouldnt mind some lightweigh wheel but they are ££££££££ haha

you must only be 20mins max away from me, is there anymore 8l owners around our way?
    Yeah I'm one for different wheels too which is 1 of the reasons I sold the S4s as a lot more people seem to be getting them.

18" wheels look better IMO but since I've gone back to 17s bolted directly to the hub the handling and steering is a lot sharper.

I'm only going to be 20 mins from you for 2 more days as I'm moving house to the other side of cambridge on Friday. Will need to update my location. I have seen quite a few S3s round this way but most seem to be driven by old ladies
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post

Also one of the many reasons i love this forum is because there arent bucket loads of people doing that sort of thing slagging off everyone that isnt scraping the deck, theres a good variety of tastes and people arent too judgemental and aggressive towards things they dont approve of.
    i love the way you say this statment and everyone comments below agreeing to it but still slagging of air ride hahaha that made me laugh you muppets

K4OXE

Status
    good luck with the move mate :-)

and i have seen a few but only by the town centre an then not see that one again
    Silver S3 02 AMK
    PM FOR DETAILS
    click here for

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD S3 View Post
    Reading this thread was hilarious - who would have thought that such a simple and friendly idea would start World War 3?

As far as I'm concerned, it's each to their own - some people absolutely love the Euro 'Super-Low' look, others prefer to set their cars up with performance and handling in mind. Everybody is completely entitled to their opinion, just as everyone has their own preference and style, so how about we actually use the forum for the purpose it was intended, and appreciate each others interests and hard work instead of having a go at each other?

Bwah

Status
    Just my 5p's worth. I wouldn't be seen DEAD driving anything that looks like the yellow one. Don't get me wrong, its been done very well, execution is great and i'm sure lots of money and time has been spent. If that's what the owner likes then great...

But... I now think about how I would feel driving it and I actually cringe to myself.

Just my opinion! give me a mint slightly lowered tail up slightly S3... with a nice understated set of 18" audi alloys on low profile tyres that fill the arches out any day!

Don't all jump me down a dark alley now please!

2nd Gear

Status
    Can't believe this is still carrying on... Crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_kev View Post
    Glad my sensible spin on this is well received by some at least! And S3 Kev, looking very nice at BHP Show this year...

Status
    you muppets
    Kev your car is gorgeous. I've seen it at a few shows and I absolutely love it but even you have admitted that you don't use the car daily and it only comes out for shows. We've got a lot of different uses of our cars on this forum so obviously everyone will have different views.

I still think that if the OP hadn't used the word "stance" in the thread title then a lot of these arguments wouldn't have started. I believe the OP just wanted to see pics of peoples cars and probably didn't mean "stance" as in the show scene meaning of "stance".

Be nice to keep this thread going without it getting closed
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I still think that if the OP hadn't used the word "stance" in the thread title then a lot of these arguments wouldn't have started. I believe the OP just wanted to see pics of peoples cars and probably didn't mean "stance" as in the show scene meaning of "stance".

Be nice to keep this thread going without it getting closed
    Agreed.

Westy - Shall we start our own version of this thread? Titled "Post pictures of your personally preferred ride height and suspension setup"

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD S3 View Post

As far as I'm concerned, it's each to their own - some people absolutely love the Euro 'Super-Low' look, others prefer to set their cars up with performance and handling in mind. Everybody is completely entitled to their opinion, just as everyone has their own preference and style, so how about we actually use the forum for the purpose it was intended, and appreciate each others interests and hard work instead of having a go at each other?.
    Couldn't agree more with what you say my friend.

Variety is the spice of life as they say, embrace it and share the love.

We are all here for the same reasons right?

...Our love for 8L's

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]

Bwah

Status
    Interesting read!

Poked and Stretched

6th Gear

Status
    Long and short of it... People have strong likes and dislikes,
    Ask opinions... your going to get both sides.
    My issue is... if you have a car that conforms to the "stance,poke,tuck" rule book. Your some how better than everybody,
    As shows i see a number of "trailor slags" as i call them and walk straight past. I will always make time for a powerful daily drive over a "show winner"
    This is my view and done expect it to be what everybody thinks.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Couldn't agree more with what you say my friend.

Variety is the spice of life as they say, embrace it and share the love.

We are all here for the same reasons right?

...Our love for 8L's
    Thanks Maz! Glad you agree!

Right you are, we're all here for the same reasons!

I must say though, despite all these rows and opinionated arguments going on the background, not single comment on my pictures!

Although having said that, maybe it's a good thing considering the way this thread has panned out so far...

S3 Drift King!

Status
    that made me laugh you muppets
    I think your car looks crap Kev.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast