My drivers window isnt going up properly?????????

BromleyA3

Reaction score
as above it goes very slow n most of the time gets near the top n goes back down again is this the regulator??

Try pushing either the window forwards and up, or back and up. If the window then goes up ok with you supporting it, it may be that the craddle/clip that the window sits in is broken, therefore only the front or back is being lifted up. Hence the struggle the further up the frame the window gets.

mine is starting to squeak ever so slightly, Im going to try some back to black on the guides.

put some furniture polish oor a silicone based product on the inside and out and she will fly up!

sometimes the rubbers wear so you need to give them a helping hand!

if you are really kinky hen try baby oil but you won't see nowt out the window!!

NLW

I experienced this problem but when I took the inner door card off I found that the window cable mechanism had started tho fray & rust slightly.
I ended up changing the window cable mechanism as I knew it wouldn't be long before the cable broke completely.

I got the meachanism from Audi for about £75 but remember & get the correct pop rivets for the mounting the new mechanism. (I think there are 5 rivets in total consisting of two different sizes, a 4off & a 1off)