JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Standard or how it is?

Ok, so car is all up and running again. Went to see it earlier and didn't even get that excited like I did previously. Think I've been without it for so long, that I've felt out 'of love' with it I suppose. It may be a different story when I actually get it cleaned up and driving it every day again.

But my question is, is it worth putting it standard to sell (if I do). Or advertise it as it is. Not that many mods, Compared to some ppl on here anyway.

Things id remove and replace standard would be,

Jetex,
    B5 tip,
    15/20mm spacers (+bolts)
    R32 Rarb
    Boost gauge
    007p

Obviously exhaust, rods, splitter, and mapped ECU can stay put.

Even writing this makes my wonder why I'm even considering selling it after all my havoc with the garage and bottom end.

But it's on my mind that I may sell in the coming months.

(btw, no parts listed are for sale yet)
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Don't sell it mate,you put a lot of money into it, rods, exhaust etc. But if you feel you really want to get rid, is advise selling the mods seperate and selling the car as standard
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

Thorough noob

Status
    It'll be easier to sell with all the mods, but I think you'd make more money selling the mods separately.

e.g. id buy the R32arb, 007p and tip off you...

Dan

5th Gear

Status
    Too much money, makes me sick. Woulnt mind if it was amazing quick 500bhp or something. Be worth the £. But between me and my dad it's been touching 5k in repairs within the last three & 1/2 years. which is alot tbh. Probably could of been done cheaper.

I dont really want to sell, because I've searched auto trader, piston head and so on. And there's nothing I go, wow I really want this over the s3.

But part of me says, me and the car have a bumpy past so move on and start fresh.

This is why I wanted to post this up. Get ppl views and opinions on it all.
    What would you do?
    What's the sensible thing to do?
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

Thorough noob

Status
    Does the car run ok? If so id keep it for a few more months and see how you feel then.

Dan

4th Gear

Status
    Check it's running as it should, my S3 never feels dull and puts a smile on my face when I give it beans, I know a cars "feel" is subjective and the S3 can often not feel as fast as it actually is, but possibly yours is not giving all the go it should and once rectified will bring a smile back to your face.
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah runs good now. Palaver with bottom ends been solved. Crank was shot. There doing two days of running in and oil changes now, will collect it Friday if nothing goes wrong.

Fingers crossed. Suppose I'll see how it goes when I get it back.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Nice one ..stick with it now the only way is up! ish...

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Definately keep it! I toyed with the idea of selling my car but now I've decided to keep her forever! Eventually I'm going to retire her and strip her out to use as a bit of a toy! That won't be for a good few years though
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Nice one ..stick with it now the only way is up! ish...
    Loving the ish. Lol. Cannot wait for Friday. Just hoping and praying that it is the end. If it isn't then I have no idea. As EVERYTHING has been replaced or cleaned.

Will post a thumbs up or down on Friday

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3 Hoggy View Post
    Definately keep it! I toyed with the idea of selling my car but now I've decided to keep her forever! Eventually I'm going to retire her and strip her out to use as a bit of a toy! That won't be for a good few years though
    It's a her Is it? Mines a boy...called trev! And I miss trev alot. Been driving a 2.0tdi ford galaxy in purple the last month. Epic road respect in that. Naaat.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    mines a boy too, called adolf.

i say keep. there comes a point in modding where, in my opinion, there is no point in selling. seems you are way past that point with the money and time put in. when its done you will have a great car, with a great base for ALOT more

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    mines called adolf.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

5th Gear

Status

i say keep. there comes a point in modding where, in my opinion, there is no point in selling. seems you are way past that point with the money and time put in. when its done you will have a great car, with a great base for ALOT more
    I am way past the point of return. I love the car too. It's just a massive gamble that it doesn't go wrong again any time soon, which it shouldn't. As the engine has been completely rebuilt now.

It needs a new remap even if I was to sell anyway, as the boost is so high it's fluttery on acceleration, think its something to do with turbo spooling. No idea.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I this is the light at the end of the tunnel and the cars problems are over then you should keep it. Any other car you buy (except new) is likely to have issues.

At the end of the day you've been extremely unlucky and this is hopefully the end of the problems. Once you have her back, run in, and cleaned up your love for it will return.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    just look at him in my sig, stern moody brow, stubby black moustache, plus he dictates my finances.
    but i love him

5th Gear

Status
    I think My car is the definition of 'money pit club'

News: first 25 miles have been successful!!

Only another 75 to go and the car is mine again. Should I ask them to have it another day and do more miles or is the 100 enough?

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3featesV9 View Post
    I think My car is the definition of 'money pit club'

News: first 25 miles have been successful!!

Only another 75 to go and the car is mine again. Should I ask them to have it another day and do more miles or is the 100 enough?
    Are they running it in hard to seal the rings properly? Need to drop the oil after 30 miles then leave till 500 miles then put the good stuff in.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Rings are already run in. I did 1000 miles approx before bottom end went again.

The running in now is for the new crank and associated bearings.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    i say let them have it longer