Well decided I might be going BT

s3gazz

Reaction score
well where do i start first im not happy with what these hybrids are capable of so after what iv seen today iv been thinking of getting a bt but what kits or turbos do i ****** get so much to choose from

heres what i want from the turbo

not too much lag as i use car for street use mostly below 4000rpm be ok
about 350bhp

was thinking a gt2871r iv got a few mods what else to get iv got an agu head ported and polished with new seals and valves in i no ill have to change the valves is the hth turbo ok

After seeing the thread title I thought you might have been changing phone/internet provider!

I think with any BT you're going to get lag aren't you? If so, it's just a case of finding what suits your needs best and having a search of the forum to see what others have got and what they think of it.

well where do i start first im not happy with what these hybrids are capable of so after what iv seen today iv been thinking of getting a bt but what kits or turbos do i ****** get so much to choose from

heres what i want from the turbo

not too much lag as i use car for street use mostly below 4000rpm be ok
about 350bhp

was thinking a gt2871r iv got a few mods what else to get iv got an agu head ported and polished with new seals and valves in i no ill have to change the valves is the hth turbo ok

How can you say you are not happy with the hybrid when you have not actually had it mapped???

If you don't want lag then stick with the hybrid and get it mapped properly... if you want more power then get a GT3071 and build around it properly... in my experience there isn't much that could be considered a decent kit... so spec it right, buy the right bits and do it properly else you will still be disappointed...

<tuffty/>

How can you say you are not happy with the hybrid when you have not actually had it mapped???

If you don't want lag then stick with the hybrid and get it mapped properly... if you want more power then get a GT3071 and build around it properly... in my experience there isn't much that could be considered a decent kit... so spec it right, buy the right bits and do it properly else you will still be disappointed...

<tuffty/>

i just no whats coming from what iv seen tuffty and ill just want more after that i no it no going to get over 300 i recon so pointless doing a hybrid build now even tho got the parts when i want more should of thought of this first but never mind.

want a reliable 350bhp ish or more how laggy are gt3071 turbos mate and decent kit ment something along the line of the seat u did not long since with the stocker kit

i just no whats coming from what iv seen tuffty and ill just want more after that i no it no going to get over 300 i recon so pointless doing a hybrid build now even tho got the parts when i want more should of thought of this first but never mind.

want a reliable 350bhp ish or more how laggy are gt3071 turbos mate and decent kit ment something along the line of the seat u did not long since with the stocker kit

Not a cheap solution that one bud... a GT turbo will cost you around 1200 quid (GT28 or GT30), decent T3 mani starting from around 500 quid, external wastegate around 200 quid, custom downpipe and wastegate stuff, custom TIP, larger injectors and inline fuel pump will get you up and running from where you have now... a GT30 will give you 350hp all day long... if you wan to push it though you would be ideally looking at sorting the valve gear (a consideration anyway tbh) which will cost you in the region of 700-1000 quid depending on exchange rates etc...

If you get the basics done then you can upgrade later on... this is how I did it but obviously the compromise is you can't push the limits until you start changing all the other gear on the engine...

Spool wise the GT30's on a 1.8 will be at 20psi typically just before 4krpm... while that sounds crap the car is still very drivable and it just means you have to learn to drive the car a little differently to get the best from it.. its the trade off for bigger turbos on small capacity engines... a stroker kit will add another 1500+ quid to the party...

<tuffty/>

karl they do two kits one gtrs eliminater that makes 350 hp and a gt2871r eliminater that make 400 bhp if thats bolt on god thats a great kit

karl they do two kits one gtrs eliminater that makes 350 hp and a gt2871r eliminater that make 400 bhp if thats bolt on god thats a great kit

No GT2871r makes a genuine 400hp... most I have seen from one is 370 odd and thats running it flat out with a built engine and tubular manifold/SEM etc... 1.8bar too iirc

If you want 350hp without running its nuts off then go T3... eliminators rarely see much more than 330hp from ones I have seen... so essentially a laggy K04 hybrid

<tuffty/>

No GT2871r makes a genuine 400hp... most I have seen from one is 370 odd and thats running it flat out with a built engine and tubular manifold/SEM etc... 1.8bar too iirc

If you want 350hp without running its nuts off then go T3... eliminators rarely see much more than 330hp from ones I have seen... so essentially a laggy K04 hybrid

<tuffty/>

ill be happy with an eliminater tuffty 330bhp up would be nice swop it for my hybrid no other mods involved apart from my rods and agu head ill be having fitted soon ish then wmi after and largeport mani to follow

i might as well get the gt2871r eliminater pal straight swop for my hybrid and i dont have to change downpipe and tip etc so alot cheeper

Have you driven a big turbo mate?just asking as its different to out turbos. Personal I think if going big tur o you might as well doing it properly and go the full lenth. Manifold and what no. You'll get money back from selling your hybrid parts to me anyway lol

i no what ya meen mate but ist save up for everything when i can just buy the eliminater and then claw some money back after for the hybrid

This is exactly what I was saying in my last thread.... Its just relentless it gets a hold of you and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it......lol

Reactions: Customboy
The elims wont make as much as you are hoping for. It will be around the level that your hybrid was looking to provide. Low 300's i'd recon.

No idea how or why, but American horses seem to be more plentiful than uk ones...

Personally I think the eliminator kit will be Luke a hybrid with lag.find out if anyone on her runs one and get soon feedback. There was a thread ok ukmkivs where one guys has run k03,ko4, hybrids,eliminators and a proper bug turbo. May be worth searching on Google

thanks guys ill have a big think into it then as i want 350 might just have to be the gt2871r after all

its got a hold on me mate deffo carnt stop
I'm in the same position mate... Was going to sell up and move on.... But couldn't because I love my S3 to much.... Now I've got a Boxster S.... And still searching for the illusive ponies for the S3....lol
**** knows were the money is coming from....lol But I will find it...

I've done 43000 miles in mine in 2 years and loved every minute.... Just needs to be faster hold the road better.... And then when you get used to that the cycle starts again..... it just needs to be faster hold the road better....And so on and so forth..... And all you're left with is big ****** scorch marks in your pockets..... True Dat True Dat....lol

So what will the gt2871r make then, will it not make more than 350bhp?

I've seen a guy make 378 of one before he bent the valves. May be worth doing them aswell if you going for this upgrade

they quote 400hp from a gt2871r because thats theoretically what it can flow.

don on here runs one, at an estimated 350, i swear he said an identically spec'd one made 360 (dyno lottery)
in my eyes the eliminator is as good an option as a hybrid, similar price for turbo's anyway.
the gt will just give you more of a BT feel in its power delivery.

tbh you sound very hungry for power, as well as being dam indecisive!!! lol.
if you have the money and patience, do it properly and get a BT that will do what you want (350) easily, but still have the potential for some more depending on the engine spec.

so like tuffty says, gt30, at least at 350hp you wont be ringing its neck (dependant on trim obv).
but the hybrid and eliminator option you'l be maxing them out to make the power you want, and wont have any prospect for more if you up your engine spec etc.

think carefully.

i think eliminator is a good option for hybrid power levels but without ringing its neck. but i bet a highly tuned hybrid is more fun!

Seems to be like you've seen one bad experience from Daves first hand and given up?

You've got a hybrid on your car already, and if it's the CR spec one like mine, it IS capable of 330bhp, more if you wring it's neck, but 330 has been made several times without major issues.

Why do you particularly want '350bhp'? Is that a pub figure? or just a number plucked from the sky?

In real world, a laggy BT car with 350bhp, isn't going to be any faster than a fast spooling hybrid ko4 car with 330bhp, and it's certainly not going to feel faster either.

I think you need to look more at how you want the car to drive and deliver it's power.

The hybrid you have can make the power levels you're talking about, and it's all there already, just map it. Eliminators are no step up from the hybrid in my opinion, they just seem like a cop out.

Going for a 'real' Big turbo like Tufty has done will bankrupt you I reckon and leave you sad and miserable.

they quote 400hp from a gt2871r because thats theoretically what it can flow.

don on here runs one, at an estimated 350, i swear he said an identically spec'd one made 360 (dyno lottery)

Pretty sure he's on a 2860rs for the BDM 350 kit. The 400kit is using the 2871r as that's what Alex who used to work there had on his ibiza being breaking it down.

Seems to be like you've seen one bad experience from Daves first hand and given up?

You've got a hybrid on your car already, and if it's the CR spec one like mine, it IS capable of 330bhp, more if you wring it's neck, but 330 has been made several times without major issues.

Why do you particularly want '350bhp'? Is that a pub figure? or just a number plucked from the sky?

In real world, a laggy BT car with 350bhp, isn't going to be any faster than a fast spooling hybrid ko4 car with 330bhp, and it's certainly not going to feel faster either.

I think you need to look more at how you want the car to drive and deliver it's power.

The hybrid you have can make the power levels you're talking about, and it's all there already, just map it. Eliminators are no step up from the hybrid in my opinion, they just seem like a cop out.

Going for a 'real' Big turbo like Tufty has done will bankrupt you I reckon and leave you sad and miserable.

prawn i understand and ye given up but shunt do realy and my spec probably not the same as yours mate what is your spec i bought mine a year ago stage 3 it is so they say.

all i need realy for my build is mani and head gasket set water pump and oil pump plus big end bearings then get it done.

350bhp is a pub figure mate and the eliminater will be more reliable i supose thats all.

owt between 3000rpm and 4000rpm spool would be great mines mapped to 271bhp now and 265 touqre and hold 21 psi dropping off at 19psi redline at the min if i think about it with the xs power mani and largeport head i should hit 300bhp shorly. be gutted to spend all that money and get 20bhp more pointless in my eyes mate.

superkarl im not hungry for power lol eeeee who int ha no its just as i said all that money for the build for an extra 20bhp :(

thanks for all coments guys

heres what they sent me spec wize

Modified compressor cover
K06 Billet Compressor wheel
Motorsport 360 degree thrust bearing
K04 Large trim turbine wheel
Modified turbine housing
Up-rated actuator

Boost limit 1.6 bar

Wow, cracking in depth part numbers there Gaz! Thats not the answer you need mate. Get back to them and ask for part numbers for the wheels. I don't know them myself, but I'm sure Bill or Beach buggy know the proper part numbers for the wheels

prawn i understand and ye given up but shunt do realy and my spec probably not the same as yours mate what is your spec i bought mine a year ago stage 3 it is so they say.

all i need realy for my build is mani and head gasket set water pump and oil pump plus big end bearings then get it done.

350bhp is a pub figure mate and the eliminater will be more reliable i supose thats all.

owt between 3000rpm and 4000rpm spool would be great mines mapped to 271bhp now and 265 touqre and hold 21 psi dropping off at 19psi redline at the min if i think about it with the xs power mani and largeport head i should hit 300bhp shorly. be gutted to spend all that money and get 20bhp more pointless in my eyes mate.

superkarl im not hungry for power lol eeeee who int ha no its just as i said all that money for the build for an extra 20bhp :(

thanks for all coments guys

Are you going to complete a build first?

Wow, cracking in depth part numbers there Gaz! Thats not the answer you need mate. Get back to them and ask for part numbers for the wheels. I don't know them myself, but I'm sure Bill or Beach buggy know the proper part numbers for the wheels

lol thats all they gave me when i asked but ill ring again tomoz and ask for the wheels sizes then or and in the quote they sent me says uprated actuater but ha ho came with a standered one but they then sent me one out for nothing so thats ok

rang cr today and they sent me an email of the spec in more detail here it is

It should be the big one and the spec is as follows

Billet Aluminium K06 Compressor Wheel
Motorsport Up-Rated 360 Degree Thrust Bearing
K04 RS6 Turbine Wheel
C,N,C Machined Turbine Housing
Ported Wastegate aperture
0.8 Bar Up-Rated Actuator.
The compressor wheel is 2283

This unit is Capable of around 300 bhp depending on the set up of the car.

is this a good spec guys thanks

I think that the identical spec to prawna turbo. So hopefully you should be able to make simular figures,

prawny correct me if I'm wrong though.