BBS on S3

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of an S3 on the 18" BBS cross-spoke alloys that were a factory option on TTs?

If you could post it up it would be much appreciated.

Hi,
If anybody can tell me how to atach pictures i'll show you mine.#
Merdock

33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

They definitely look better with the dark centre and polished lip.

Nice mirrors mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the dark centres too..
But the lip isn't polished...it's a satin silver anti-bling finish.

Besides...polished lips and the salt on the North of Scotland roads, don't mix.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice mirrors mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again...anti-bling satin silver! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Excellent - even on the right colour car! They look really rather good.

Thanks very much!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the dark centres too..
But the lip isn't polished...it's a satin silver anti-bling finish.

Besides...polished lips and the salt on the North of Scotland roads, don't mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know uve mentioned this b4, but once more why did u have the powder coated centres? something to do with braking?

I can't decide whether on not to go for the BBS or the 9-spoke RSTT alloys. I really really like the 9-spokes and had them in the 17" version on my A3. They are comfortably cheaper and also more subtle and "standard" looking.

I also really like the BBS and they're less of a common sight but I'm worried that, given the car is in any event bright blue with what several of my less car-interested friends have termed "chav mirrors", adding the BBS might be altogether too bling.

I suppose the other option is the RS6-style or the A8-style ones but I'm not sure about either.

Go for BBS! RSTT's are way too common now, as are RS6's. BBS are as good as they get and really suite the A3/S3.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Look good,what about the bbs rc's ?I'm sure rich had some on his a3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got ACE 112's. They aer the same design as BBS RC's and really suite the car. You wont go wrong with BBS!

Wack some BBS CH's on. I love them. However alot of time will be spent on cleaning the wheels. They are a right pain in the ar*e to clean. Espeically the splits!

You'll groan but in the end I happened across (quite by accident when looking at something else) some genuine 18" RSTT alloys with half-worn P-Zeros for a decent price so I've fitted those instead.

I have to say that they are a huge improvement on the 17" Avus alloys. Really makes the car look A-1.