At my wits end need advice please

jay1232

Reaction score
Hi guys had no heat in my a3 1.8t since ive owned it so replaced thermostat with a 3rd party £6 jobby bad idea never opened lost water distrubution housing and rad so rang audi brought a genuine £30 stat plus extra for seal and fitted same f..king problem wont open pipe from top of rad hot pipe from stat cold or maybe slightly warm worried now its fualy also i replaced all sensors on the water side is this a common problem they dunna work i thought it moved during test with hot water could it be a blockege ?

Hi guys had no heat in my a3 1.8t since ive owned it so replaced thermostat with a 3rd party £6 jobby bad idea never opened lost water distrubution housing and rad so rang audi brought a genuine £30 stat plus extra for seal and fitted same f..king problem wont open pipe from top of rad hot pipe from stat cold or maybe slightly warm worried now its fualy also i replaced all sensors on the water side is this a common problem they dunna work i thought it moved during test with hot water could it be a blockege ?

Is the thermostat fitted the right way round? If you fitt it the wrong it will never open?

Stats fitted correct beachbuggy double checked it in haynes manual temp reads 90 blower gives hot air for 15 secs then drops to warm and still stat pipe is cold im lost now is it take it out yet again and take it back to audi .... It read 82 on the stat i take it thats whwn it opens

If there is air in the system there should be a bleed somewhere at the topmost part of the cooling system, either a valve on a pipe or the radiator etc. ? Thermostat or heater control valve would be the two most likely for me ...

Martin