bloomin car...

cars been running funny for a couple of months now, took it up to AMD last night for them to look at it; after replacing the N75, MAF, Lambda sensor, spark plugs, turbo gasket and dismantling the whole inlet piping system to try and sort it out.

Turns out its the MAF sensor gone faulty, even tho ive replaced the ****** once already and had the car 3 months. They put a slightly less ******** one on FOC (nice one lads) but now thats faulty too. Will be going to get another one this afternoon to replace it and i have also bought a VAGCOM lead to go with my laptop so i can diagnose in the future (block 31, right?)

Then, on my way to work this morning one of my ****** coilpacks goes! (unless ive burnt a piston lol)

****** CAR!!

Also, when disconnecting the battery i hear i need to retrain the one touch windows and let the throttle body set itself up...how do i do this?

Also, another question... One of the coilpacks has gone on the engine, but i dont know which. Is it safe to just disconnect the coil packs one by one with the engine running to see which one makes no difference to the running when disconnected? (same as you would with an old car with HT leads)

[ QUOTE ]
cars been running funny for a couple of months now, took it up to AMD last night for them to look at it; after replacing the N75, MAF, Lambda sensor, spark plugs, turbo gasket and dismantling the whole inlet piping system to try and sort it out.

Turns out its the MAF sensor gone faulty, even tho ive replaced the ****** once already and had the car 3 months. They put a slightly less ******** one on FOC (nice one lads) but now thats faulty too. Will be going to get another one this afternoon to replace it and i have also bought a VAGCOM lead to go with my laptop so i can diagnose in the future (block 31, right?)

Then, on my way to work this morning one of my ****** coilpacks goes! (unless ive burnt a piston lol)

****** CAR!!

Also, when disconnecting the battery i hear i need to retrain the one touch windows and let the throttle body set itself up...how do i do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

bad luck mate... funny how some people have no problms, ever, and some get all too many.

For the windows, wind them all the way down, and all the way up and then the one-touch will be set.

for TB, turn ignition on and leave it a few minutes before starting the engine.

Rich

I would say not, good idea to get a new one or 4 in my opinion, really sorry to hear there's someone else having a proper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif time with there audi, and I hope yours isn't anything more serious than the coil packs!

friday afternoon car means the one made at the factory on a friday afternoon when all they want to do is get home!

im not paying out for four new coilpacks all at once!!! im not even 100% its the coilpack thats gone..i hope it is though.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont have vagcom with me at work, the car is sat outside - going to call the AA just before i leave for the day and get them to take a look, easiest bet! just cant be bothered any more to be honest...

I want MAF voltage...im sure the guy at AMD told me it was block 31, but i might be wrong...its a V reg TQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, sorry mate, I thought you meant the air intake.