Windscreen scuttle

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
I've refitted the scuttle after removal, but there is now a gap between the scuttle and the bottom of the windscreen - is this normal i.e. due to the plastic being twisted in removal, or does it fix in place/fix down to prevent a gap?

shouldnt be a gap.... to be honest didnt know that it could be removed/re-fitted without removing the screen? maybe thats the problem.
When audi replaced my 1st screen under w'tee due to chasis flex, the was a gap between scuttle and gutter. They removed the screen to replace a new one.

Alternatively u could fill 'n' seal with a clear silicon.

There shouldn't be a gap. It just clips in, but it's a bit tricky to get it to seat properly. It can be done though. There's a lip on the scuttle that clips in below the screen.

Attached to the bottom edge on the widscreen is a plastic gully. Look at the scuttle, there is a matching edge that protrudes from the underside of it.
This should push into the gully, if that makes sense.
Once you get one side started, it goes in quite easily.

[ QUOTE ]
Attached to the bottom edge on the widscreen is a plastic gully. Look at the scuttle, there is a matching edge that protrudes from the underside of it.
This should push into the gully, if that makes sense.
Once you get one side started, it goes in quite easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

...But doesnt necessarily stay in...mine never has! I had to stop water getting in by filling the gap with sealent/adhesive and pressing it down over night. only way i managed to keep it sealed!

Had my screen changed and insisted on a genuine audi one, i think they fit and look better, i got it done at the dealer and my insurance company paid most of the bill, i paid the extra for genuine screen, at the same time i had the scuttle replaced because once they have been removed they never fit properly again also the small gap creates wind noise/whistle which is really annoying.

Had my windscreen replaced at an Audi dealer with a genuine Audi screen and the scuttle still doesnt fit. It went back twice while it was still in warranty to get it sorted, still pops up. I was going to try what Rich suggested with regards to the sealent but ive never got around to it, so far every time I wash the car I clean the crap out from underneath and push it down.