S3 8L Rear Brakes

I did mine last weekend,changed to mintex disks and pads. Haven't had a chance to jump on the brakes as I'm still bedding them in. Is advise changing your fluid at the same time

How difficult is a fluid change? I think I read a whole ago that it's quite tricky and may require two people!

Just buy a eeziblees kit so you can do it yourself. Don't do the two man pedal pump

My rear brakes seem to be squeaking so I'm in the market to overhaul them a little.

Mine squeal like little piggies on their way to market too.

I have standard discs with Brembo branded pads.

Can I just clean and grease the callipers or do I need new pads and disks?

Liam

I put Pagid disks and pads on mine last weekend, apart from winding the pistons back in it was a straightforward job.

I like the Pagid disks as they have a primer coating all over them and the pads take it off just on the disk part on the first activation. It will hopefully delay the onset of the unsightly disk hub rust.

Rears do not do a lot of braking so the standard S3 Pagid disc and pad will be sufficient.

Did mine the other weekend too... Brembo pads with standard discs from GSF 60 quid for the lot.. Bit of squeal from the new set up but I'm sure it'll die down. Really easy job, just make sure you've got a right hand thread piston wind back tool and an 8mm hex tool and you'll be done in an hour!

Did mine the other weekend too... Brembo pads with standard discs from GSF 60 quid for the lot.. Bit of squeal from the new set up but I'm sure it'll die down. Really easy job, just make sure you've got a right hand thread piston wind back tool and an 8mm hex tool and you'll be done in an hour!

Yopu didnt take thew carriers off did you?

Yopu didnt take thew carriers off did you?

Yeah, you need to to take the discs off. Plus, often after a while there's a build up of rust on the inner parts of the carriers so to get a good fit with the new pads it's a good idea to get a wire brush in there to get rid of some of the crud!