8l s3 traction control and engine management lights constantly on

rob fulham4eva

Reaction score
just joined so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

a few days ago i started my s3 after it had been sat for 2 days and the traction control light and engine management light are lit up. the car is driving normally with no boost problems. however yesterday and today on 1st start it hasnt been as sweet as it normally is but its fine after a 2nd and a little rev.

I have noticed though that since this the traction control hasnt kicked in once and usually with my driving style it does at least once in every journey. when i originally noticed the two lights on it was after giving my brothers car a jump (i doubt this could of done anything but worth mentioning). I also disconnected the battery to see it that did anything but not a thing.

i haven't ran a diagnostic test yet( doing that on sunday) but just want some opinions on what it could be???? . also is there a thread that explains what all the different error codes mean????

cheers

ESP light comes on for a number of reasons... not always related to the ESP and anything else... as the CEL is on I suspect there is a sensor or something gone down (MAF is typical)

Get it scanned :)

<tuffty/>