I seem to have a silent alarm!

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
Hi guys

A few days ago when the rain stopped and the sun came out.......i left my front two windows down a couple of inches, locked the car and then was doing some work on my driveway.

I then noticed my hazards were blinking but with no sound of an alarm. I unlocked the car and then pressed the little button down by the drivers seat (always thought that disabled one of the sensors for the alarm?)
Carried on with work.......then a few minutes later the hazards were blinking again and still no sound!

I also unlocked my car with a spare key that i haven't used before and the hazards started blinking straight away but they were blinking very fast!

unfortunately i don't have a manual or anything like that for my car. Does anyone know whats wrong and if they have had it before?

What does the S3 alarm actually sound like? Horn and an Alarm? or just an Alarm?

Cheers

It sounds like (no pun intended) that the batteries in your alarm have died. There is a guide to open it up and change them with batteries from Maplin but this will only work if the batteries haven't leaked and corroded the circuit board inside the alarm.

ahhhhhh that might explain the beeps when i start the car up? (hasn't beeped in a couple of weeks now)

cheers for that, will look into it!!

the alarm dont beep when you start the car

mine dont make a noise either i want it to be loud so might have to solve prob or invest in a alarm kit

Insides of the alarm module will look like this due to the internal battery leaking and causing corrosion:

2012-01-27153755.jpg

2012-01-27153815.jpg

Oh and it sounds pathetic, for an expensive car in its day it is truly shocking how it sounds. Somewhere between a Casio wrist watch and a fart.

just off the back of the thread, i only have one key with a fob and a spare with no button things, if i open the car with the key and the alarm goes off, will the little button on the drivers side pillar turn it off?

just off the back of the thread, i only have one key with a fob and a spare with no button things, if i open the car with the key and the alarm goes off, will the little button on the drivers side pillar turn it off?
No thats the button if you have a mutt/kid/missus/mistress in your car and you want to lock it with the inside sensors off iirc

isnt that on the door? i mean o n the pillar where the seat belt goes into?

thats the button i meant,but yours is missing lol, will the turn the alarm off if i open the car door with a cut key?

Missing! oh dear, thought it shouldnt look like that when I bought the car. I would of thought so yes, as if anything fails on the fob the key is the back up.

Missing! oh dear, thought it shouldnt look like that when I bought the car. I would of thought so yes, as if anything fails on the fob the key is the back up.

I had the same,the dealer paintshop replaced it and I don't recall it being a pants down price

It means you can lock the car without the alarm on. So when your "mutt/kid/missus/mistress" is in the car they wont set the ultrasonic sensors off meaning everyone wont laugh at your pathetic Audi Casio wrist watch alarm

It means you can lock the car without the alarm on. So when your "mutt/kid/missus/mistress" is in the car they wont set the ultrasonic sensors off meaning everyone wont laugh at your pathetic Audi Casio wrist watch alarm

I believe the alarm is still on just like you said the sensors on the inside are turned off.

I would get two cat collars with the tiny bell on,tape them to the doors and they'll be as good as the original alarm :icon_thumright:

Reactions: Danman1