Should i go for A3 8L 1.8t quatro or A4 1.8t quatro b6

Fraggie

Reaction score
Hi, as i mentioned in title i am having some trouble to chose a car. I know they are totaly different cars, but i have a chance to pick eather. Soo what are your toughts ppl ?

You want 3 or 4 door? Big or little, tbh mate its down to your needs really, although i do have a shoft spots for a4's.

Bouth cars are big enought for my needs. The A3 that i would get is 5 doors too. How about tuning point of view. I tought that for starters 210 to 230 would be about perfect. I do like bouth car looks. How much would it cost for eather car(with not cheap parts)?

Have a look at some other threads, se is properly easier for parts as more are available. Might be wrong. Main mods is full exhaust, forge 007, remap.

should be able to get 200 ish bhp from either with a remap i would have thought. a4 is miles better imo

Hi dude the 5 door a3 looks poo imo, it has to be the A4, both remap to the same i think. Now a 3 door a3 and thats another kettle of fish!

Wheres jardo with his quattro bashing antics lol

Since his off playing with clios ill have ago!

So why do you want a quttro? Is it just preferance or do you need one, if its just prefrence then the fwd is worth a look, its cheaper to buy, and run, aswel as lower insurance, dont get me wrong quattro is great but not worth the maintenance or extra exspence if it never really going to be used.

My fwd flys up hills in the snow, its never got stuck and iv not yet wrapped it round a tree due to loss of traction.

That is all.

Yes its true 5 door A3 looks like poo and for the quatro, i live in Finland and thats quite a bumpy ride up the hill with fwd :D I am leaning towards a4. Alltho i just founded S3 1999 at same price as a4 would stand. Darn and now i am in a big trouble :D In finland all pards are expencive bilieve me or not but remap can cost up to 1k euros. I am from Lithuania, soo i tought i would do all the mods there on my summer holidays :D

Nothing wrong with the 5 door a3.

And quattro is not just for snow, let me know of any of you with 210bhp+ can plant your foot to the floor from a standing start through first and second in the wet?