Facelift S3 Steering wheel badge replacement - options

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
i know that this has been discussed to death but...I just bought facelift S3 wheel and need some advice.

The S3 badge is faded and the red section is almost as shiney/worn as the '3' bit.

I have seen them obscenely priced, at around £30, from stealership and on ebay for replacement badges.

Has anyone replaced/repaired etc....what are your opinions on my best option for perfect finish?

Thanks

f79555c2.jpg

heres mine, when i got it it never had the red bit on just a load of crap, so i just rubbed it all and it came out like this

Mine was the same.
I just taped over the silver but with masking tape. And repainted the red section.
I actually used nail varnish from one of the girls at work and it has come out really well.

Reactions: daithi23
I'm in the same situation with mine.
But sadly its dented, so I can't paint it and need a replacement.

But I'm not paying £30 for a lump of plastic with some metal wrapped over it.

I'd like to find someone who's willing to make a solid metal on for the same price as the plastic ones. It seems a bit more worth it then but I've not found any one :(

Mine was the same.
I just taped over the silver but with masking tape. And repainted the red section.
I actually used nail varnish from one of the girls at work and it has come out really well.

You got any pics you could share with us as i would also like to do something about mine ;)