Central locking not working :(

laney

Reaction score
Hi guys,
my central locking packed in today and i get the usual noise but no action.
im led to belive this is the graphite mech, am i better off buying new internals or buying a new pump?
thanks

Sometimes the pump just needs to be cleaned out with vacuum.

New pump isn't too pricey.

eBay I used and bought like for like about £60.

Works fine.

But I dunno what to do because am I rite in saying you have to reprogram the fob if you change the while thing.
Or should I put a new pump in and just change the pcbs

is the vac pump putting out any vac/pressure? you could just have a split pipe/actuator somewhere?

But I dunno what to do because am I rite in saying you have to reprogram the fob if you change the while thing.
Or should I put a new pump in and just change the pcbs

Yea you'd have to get someone to re-program it. Takes about 10 mins to do. Most tuners/automotive engineers can do it. Stealerships will charge the earth.

Yea you'd have to get someone to re-program it. Takes about 10 mins to do. Most tuners/automotive engineers can do it. Stealerships will charge the earth.

But surley I'f I swap pcb I won't have to? How do I check for
pressure etc to make sure it's the pump?

UPDATE! I pulled the pump out Tonight and found out a pin had snapped. So i got the pin out and but the whole connector block
has corroded so need a new one. Water had got in behind my light. But does anyone know we're to get the black one from which is nearest the motor?

any pics?

an audi breakers might chop you the plug off a body loom with a few inches of wire on it. then 10 minutes soldering and shrink wrapping?