JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Unhappy help please, advice needed.

hi all, while trying to bleed my brakes i snapped 1 of the small bleed nipples off on the master clinder, its not leaking just snaped off, ive still got air in the system, the question is, can i get it pluged in to vagcom and bleed the brakes that way without changing the broken bleed nipple??, thanks in advance. martin

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    How on earth is VAGCOM going to bleed a hydraulic system? VAGCOM is a software sytem that interacts with your cars ECU so iunfortunately its not going to be of any use whatsoever in bleeding your brakes. Youll either need a new master cylinder with new nipple or if you can remove the remains of the old nipple and fit new.
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

Neutral

Status
    u need vag com to get the air out the m/c ,

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTTIGGER View Post
    u need vag com to get the air out the m/c ,
    No... you don't... you need a bleed nipple to get air out the master cylinder... VCDS can be used to help bleed the ABS pump if it still has air in (which is very rare)

There are 2 bleed nipples on the MC... have you broken both or just the one?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    I had one snapped off, because a garage did it up too tight previously and it would bleed jst fine. Just keep an eye out for leaks.

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Honestly, I dont know how you can get air in the master cylinder.. Always assumed the two nips on the m/c were to let the old fluid out when being really anal changing the brake fluid.

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Every brake fluid change done on my s3 needed the mc bleeding to bring back the pedal. Some don't need it doing some do...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Every brake fluid change done on my s3 needed the mc bleeding to bring back the pedal. Some don't need it doing some do...
    thanks m8 nice 1, some people on ere,,, two weeks people told me i need it bleeding on vagcom, then when i ask the try make u look a fool..

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCSW View Post
    Honestly, I dont know how you can get air in the master cylinder.. Always assumed the two nips on the m/c were to let the old fluid out when being really anal changing the brake fluid.
    !Honestly, I dont know how you can get air in the master cylinder.. !!!!!!! it was already in there !! and i dont think its bing anal bleeding the 2 nipples on the master cyilnder, as for 2 weeks now everybody on hear has told me to bleed the m/c and the clutch when bleeding the brakes!!!!!!!!

Error

Status
    You don't need to bleed the clutch.

Audi A3 1.8t AUM
    Forge 007p, Pipercross Panel Filter, Eibach Prokit 35mm drop, EBC Green Stuff Pads
    Groved Disks, HEL Braided Brake Lines with Dot 5.1 fluid.
    Creation Motorsport Silicone TIP,
    N75 hoses, DV Hose & 10mm Rear Wheel Spacers
    Powerflex Rear Beam Bushes & Diesel Dog Bone Bush
    8k HID Kit, 8k LED Side Lights, 8k Number Plate LED

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    If changing the fluid its worth bleeding the clutch as it uses the same fluid store as the brakes... the fluid will be in the same sort of sate as the rest... whilst arguably not as critical as the brakes its something that if overlooked for some time could contminate the nice new fluid you have just changed or lead to slave/master cylinder issues later on..

Seems a false economy to me not too bleed through the clutch when doing a full fluid change to me...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    i thought that myself m8, but according to people on hear u need to bleed 7 nipples, 4 on the wheels 1 on the clutch 2 on the m/c...
    anyway ive broke 1 on the m/c,, can i still bleed them without changing the broken nipple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    You don't need to bleed the clutch.

Neutral

Status
    is there anyway of bleeding them without changing the broken nipple?? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If changing the fluid its worth bleeding the clutch as it uses the same fluid store as the brakes... the fluid will be in the same sort of sate as the rest... whilst arguably not as critical as the brakes its something that if overlooked for some time could contminate the nice new fluid you have just changed or lead to slave/master cylinder issues later on..

Seems a false economy to me not too bleed through the clutch when doing a full fluid change to me...

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 8th May 2012 at 11:43.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    is there anyway of bleeding them without changing the broken nipple?? thanks
    If you can undo the nipple that isn't broken then you have a chance of getting the pedal a bit former but without a nipple to let the air out then there is no way to get the air out of that part of the MC... as I have told you via pm, you will need to remove the MC to stand a chance of removing whats left of the broken bleed nipple (if possible at all) else its a new MC from GSF/ECP or a dealer...

<tuffty/>

Hulk Smash!

Status
    !Honestly, I dont know how you can get air in the master cylinder.. !!!!!!! it was already in there !! and i dont think its bing anal bleeding the 2 nipples on the master cyilnder, as for 2 weeks now everybody on hear has told me to bleed the m/c and the clutch when bleeding the brakes!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, I didnt mean to hit a nerve or my repsonse to sound blunt.
    The only reason the bleed nipples are on the m/c is to relieve air from the primary and secondary piston assembilies.
    There should never be a reason for air to get into these chambers.. providing the fluid level has not got too low. (or fitting a new empty m/c)
    For a fluid change if done "correctly" you shouldnt need to bleed the m/c at all.. or the abs pump.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Have you seen the new Bleed Nipple replacement kit, developed by Fraser Brown, you can see him in action on u tube, what a great time saving invention, I bought one online at Rapid Tools Direct.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nipple Therapy - Replacement Bleed Nipple Kit, from Rapid Tools Directbleed-nipple-kit.jpg

Reverse Gear

Status
    Have you seen the Nipple Therapy kit by Frazer Brown, you can see it working on u tube, you can repair a broken bleed nipple in under 10 mins. I bought one online at Rapid Tools Direct it is great I will put the page link here for you it's only about £75 for the kit.
    bleed-nipple-kit.jpg