Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Chip - Is it worth it?

Hello All....

I've read loads on here about the different chip type availible for my standard S3 (225), but I was wondering what kind of performance difference I can expect and how noticable it will be.

Also what can I do to make it sound better?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: S3 Chip - Is it worth it?

yes it does make a difference!! alot more punch at 3000rpm in all gears and it pulls better to the redline

i would definately recomend it but i would pay 550 + vat for it... i would wait for a group buy (recent one i did was 470 inc vat) or xmas special

as for sound. fit a supersprint exhaust for a bit of a louder tone... but you cant really get a better engine sound.... apart from transplanting the r32 lump!

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    yes it does make a difference!! alot more punch at 3000rpm in all gears and it pulls better to the redline

i would definately recomend it but i would pay 550 + vat for it... i would wait for a group buy (recent one i did was 470 inc vat) or xmas special

as for sound. fit a supersprint exhaust for a bit of a louder tone... but you cant really get a better engine sound.... apart from transplanting the r32 lump!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can, but it does mean getting radical, and simply for the sake of sound, its not worth it. big manifold, 3.5" downpipe and 2.5" exhaust does sound pretty good!

Rich

imported_monkeytrousers

Yes it is worth it - it makes a huge difference to the car's performance.

As a bonus, under gentle driving the MPG is better (but worse under boost!).

Warmonger

Status

i have got the mpg in my A3 down to 20mpg after my AmD chip - only had it done on tuesay so perhaps il be less heavy footed after filling up again at weekend
    saw 30+mpg on m/way on way back from Bicester on tuesday cruising at 85-100

the Chip is def worth it (my A3 is great now @ 200bhp - imagine an S3 would be awesome @ 260-ish)
    would of course try to get a deal at 500 or less tho and Group buy will no doubt be on again soon enough

Neutral

Status

I would! just got My 1.8TQ done at jabbasport, they got it up to 227 form 180. well worth the $$

Reverse Gear

Status

Just looked at the REVO software..... anyone thinking of a group booking soon?

4th Gear

Status

revo were very dismissive when i approached them regarding a group buy... wouldnt budge on the price.

call Ed and AMD and tell him Nathan refered you and see if you can get in on the 470 price still.

1st Gear

Status

its definatly worth chipping imo, fit an indcution kit for that great sucking turbo scream!

I'd have to agree, get it chipped you won't look back (except to see all the cars your passing!!)

Neutral

Status

Ed at AMD top bloke - I am sure he will sort you out although when I asked him today how much I would normally be charged he did confirm 646+Vat

470 looks a great buy